Here they are with questions!

Info, pictures, advice...
milsurpcop

Post by milsurpcop »

I now officially feel like a member. Here is my P-64 and my PA-63. Pretty good condition, I think. The only thing I noticed was a burr in the chamber of the P-64. I think I may have done it field stripping it. I had some problems getting back together until I realized the slide stop was slightly out of place. I carefully filed the burr down, and I hope it is not an issue. There is a small "indention" in the edge of the chamber. Other than that I am pleased with the purchases. The PA-63 seems to be in very good condition. The PA-63 came with a manual with a picture of the PA-63 on the cover, but the pictures on the inside are of the P-64. Is that normal or does the manual work for both? I ordered through MCSFirearms.com. I highly recommend this site. My only regret is that I waited a year and it was $25 more than last year. This was the cheapest place I could find it. But anyway, now I'm waiting for the Wolff springs and ammo to come in. I downloaded the complete disassembly instructions and was a little intimidated. I know I have to get rid of the cosmo but I was wondering if I have to do the complete disassemble before firing or will field stripping and brake cleaner/Ed's red treatement be ok? I also have access to a electronic gun cleaner, but sometimes it removes the finish. Sorry for the long post, but I tend to be overly thorough before I do something. Thanks....

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q272 ... /PA631.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q272 ... b/P641.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q272 ... /PA644.jpg
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

milsurpcop

all about the PA-63

http://www.sunblest.net/gun/FegPA63.htm

manual for PA-63

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/manowar/images/PA63.pdf

you did good

the safety might cosmo in it and extractor
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
milsurpcop

Post by milsurpcop »

Thanks, glad to know I did ok. I thought they looked pretty good. I may do the detail strip, but I'll have to go over the directions about a million times first. I'll be sure to get the cosmo out of the safety and extractor areas.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Nice!
I sold my pa-63 to get another p-64 :o
The guy that got the Pa-63 loves it. Nice light ccw. BTW, you did ok. :)
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Congrats...welcome to the club!!

Nice looking pieces... :-/
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

Gonna try something here, hope no-one is offended...

I now officially feel like a member. Here is my P-64 and my PA-63. Pretty good condition, I think. The only thing I noticed was a burr in the chamber of the P-64. I think I may have done it field stripping it. I had some problems getting back together until I realized the slide stop was slightly out of place. I carefully filed the burr down, and I hope it is not an issue. There is a small "indention" in the edge of the chamber. Other than that I am pleased with the purchases. The PA-63 seems to be in very good condition. The PA-63 came with a manual with a picture of the PA-63 on the cover, but the pictures on the inside are of the P-64. Is that normal or does the manual work for both? I ordered through MCSFirearms.com. I highly recommend this site. My only regret is that I waited a year and it was $25 more than last year. This was the cheapest place I could find it. But anyway, now I'm waiting for the Wolff springs and ammo to come in. I downloaded the complete disassembly instructions and was a little intimidated. I know I have to get rid of the cosmo but I was wondering if I have to do the complete disassemble before firing or will field stripping and brake cleaner/Ed's red treatement be ok? I also have access to a electronic gun cleaner, but sometimes it removes the finish. Sorry for the long post, but I tend to be overly thorough before I do something. Thanks....

himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

wow, nice pieces indeed! I like the looks of those PA63's...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

+1 with Himmel, I also enjoy an overt love affair with the PA-63.
G.R.
milsurpcop

Post by milsurpcop »

Thanks for the comments. The Wolff springs came in today. I replaced the firing pin spring that came with the recoil spring. 'm trying to put the safety back into place but I absolutely cannot keep the safety detent & spring pushed in and push the safety over. ??? Is there some trick? I have used everything from a modified screwdriver, 1/32 punch, fininshing nail, and even a bent paperclip. I can't figure out how to keep the detent pushed down and slide the safety back over. Anyway other than that it's going well.
reprisejim

Post by reprisejim »

Did you find cosmo in your gun from MCS? I purchased one awhile ago and looked it over and could not find any evidence of it. It has functioned like a fine timepiece. I have yet to ask MCS if they clean that crap out or if I was just lucky enough to get one that was already stripped. That stuff if such a pain.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

milsurpcop,

Yeah, it's tough. After you get the edge of the safety axle pushed in just far enough to hold the firing pin, turn the safety enough to have the relief towards the back of the pistol, and use the blade of a small, flat screwdriver to keep the safety straight with the hole, not allowing the firing pin spring to cant it. The screwdriver will be coming in straight from the back. Then, compress the plunger into it's hole with a small punch and wiggle the screwdriver lightly against the inside of the slide body so that it edges the safety over the plunger and into its final position. The secret is to keep the safety axle straight with the hole so it won't bind as you go by the firing pin and the safety plunger before it finally snaps into place.

If you can look again at the illustrations that TTH posted, with these hints in mind, maybe it will help.
Last edited by bzinggg on September 17th, 2007, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

milsurpcop,

Nice pick ups, and supper pic's, thanks for sharing with us....... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

milsurpcop

push firing pin all the forward clip hemostats on the firing pin then you can turn the safety anyway you want

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

I got mine in...somehow...I really can't remember what I did, I was apparently in a blind rage when I finally got it back in.