p-64.net possibility

Info, pictures, advice...
brigade

p-64.net possibility

Post by brigade »

I purchased the domain p-64.net for dickfunk to use for this website he created. I think it would be nice if we could have a simple domain to use and move this site there for our place on the world wide web. I will email him to see if he would like to use that domain instead of this proboards one. I won't have time to do much to the message board so it would still have to be run and operated by him and the mods if they are interested in moving the site to p-64.net

-Troy
Last edited by brigade on June 25th, 2007, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

p-64.net possibility

Post by carguy »

Dorothy, we can't be in Kansas anymore!

We must be in Oz and Troy is the wizard!!!

That is an awesome and very generous offer...whether or not Dick is able to take advantage of it or not at this time...that is a very generous thing to do for all of us who enjoy and patronize this website.

For what its worth...thanks.

Russ 8~)
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

p-64.net possibility

Post by dfunk »

Troy,
I certainly appreciate your efforts and offer. You're quite the gentleman! Are you familiar with web development? It would be great to eventually hand out some of the load regarding the site. If you don't, read on...

- As generous as it is an offer, if I ported the site to your domain, you (Troy Harp & Brigade Gunleather) would then own it, officially. I think you can see where I'm going with that...

- We would have to do a domain transfer so I can host the name off of the http://p64resource.com/ hosting account, or the PROJECT107 vps. It's been my experience that Network Solutions is a bit difficult to work with, and...(see below)

- We have established a strong foothold where we are, and changing places could be a very bad move, especially with all the links we have on other message boards. Those links would become dead as soon as it was switched.

I hope I don't sound negative, or unappreciative, or anything other than pleased to have you and your dedication, however, there are a few things to consider when making a move like that. I'll give it some thought and we can stay in touch. (By the way, I have a small of back Brigade holster for a plastic companion of mine - so nice, I have a friend or two that has the same one!)

Thanks!
brigade

p-64.net possibility

Post by brigade »

Oh I see what your saying... Can I then please donate and transfer the domain in your name then therefore you now become the owner and can then do domain portal redirect from the old sight to the new one. Wouldn't the links work then or am I not thinking right on that one..... Let me know how that works for you.
-Troy

-edit- Just so it's clear I don't want ownership of that domain...
I'm divorced and raising twin 3yo and running a business I have no time for it. I just wanted to secure it before some other company bought it. I will gladly hold it till dickfunk wants to own it for free. Thanks.
-Troy
Last edited by brigade on June 25th, 2007, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
tmann11

p-64.net possibility

Post by tmann11 »

Troy,

A scholar and a gentleman...I'm impressed.

Thomas
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

p-64.net possibility

Post by dfunk »

As am I - hang tight, I'll research it a bit further...
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

p-64.net possibility

Post by space »

You could always put up a web page that forwards traffic from p-64.net to the main site. Doesn't even need to be a visible web page. Just an auto-forward in the html leader.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

p-64.net possibility

Post by anjdrifter »

has anyone ever heard the old saying if it aint broke dont fix it... until there is a real good reason or a necessary need this is a great place...the guys have done a great job... just my 2 cents worth..
lies

p-64.net possibility

Post by lies »

Thanks Troy and +1 with anjdrifter...
Troy, maybe you should be the "Global Moderator" since you put up cash-money, just a thought.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

p-64.net possibility

Post by dfunk »

Lies,
Maybe you should accept your ban like a man. Another thought.
2001flhr

p-64.net possibility

Post by 2001flhr »

Nice call out Brother Funk. I doubt if he will; kinda like a festerin' zit on your butt, you know "a pain in the ass". Just my dos Abrahams.........

Dutch
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

p-64.net possibility

Post by bzinggg »

has anyone ever heard the old saying if it aint broke dont fix it... until there is a real good reason or a necessary need this is a great place...the guys have done a great job... just my 2 cents worth..
I find myself in agreement with this man most of the time, if not all the time.

b.