how many

Info, pictures, advice...
bob

how many

Post by bob »

Does anyone know or venture an educated guess as to how many of these puppies were made.It maybe in here somewhere but I can't find it.Just curious.Thanks
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

how many

Post by normsutton »

bob

I don't think we really know

these people might know

http://www.opisybroni.republika.pl/

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
torpeau

how many

Post by torpeau »

I don't think we really know these people might know http://www.opisybroni.republika.pl/
Interesting site. It says that many Polish soldiers didn't like the P-64 and continued to use their older pistols. Maybe that's why there are so many mint P-64s in the US.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
olympus

how many

Post by olympus »

I can't remember on what website it was, but I've read something like that too. I was doing some research on this gun before I decided to buy and ran across a website that some people from Poland were commenting on. They said they hated the little pistols and were glad to be getting rid of them. I haven't even gotten mine in yet, but I think I'll probably be getting a few more. Poland can export everyone of them to the US if they don't like them so much.
bob

how many

Post by bob »

Had I not found this site and learned a few things to make it better I probably would not have bought one.If I was a soldier I would have hated as is also.THey say first impressions make the biggest impact.My da was so hard I almost could not get the trigger to break and by then who knows where I was aiming.
torpeau

how many

Post by torpeau »

bob wrote:Had I not found this site and learned a few things to make it better I probably would not have bought one.If I was a soldier I would have hated as is also.THey say first impressions make the biggest impact.My da was so hard I almost could not get the trigger to break and by then who knows where I was aiming.
Yeah, that site would have kept me from getting my 1st P-64 -- especially the comment about low reliability. Generally, I consider the P-64 to be extremely reliable. The DA pull is pretty heavy, but I can deal with that -- although not on my round hammer P-64.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
davebaird

how many

Post by davebaird »

You and me both, Bob. A buddy asked me to check one out for him at a gunshow almost 2 years ago. I had briefly read where the DA was bad but when I picked one up there at the show and tried it, I put it down and told my buddy to not buy one. But, since reading a quick blurb a month or so ago on Gunboards about replacement springs, then clicking on this link that had been posted there as well.......well, now I have one with two matched mags from Paul at MCS in the correct P64 holster w/rod, new Wolff recoil and hammer springs and soon to have an updated trigger spring from Norm. The feed ramp and hammer strut are polished and it is as smooth and reliable as a PPK but in 9x18!! ;D
bob

how many

Post by bob »

The upside.Because those that do not look into it think its a problem I got mine for $140.00 otd with 2 mags at a pawn shop I sometime frequent.He had it partially apart and we agreed on price as is.Everyone who looked at it put it back down and he thought there was someting wrong the da.Basically he had the slide off and the slide stop and trigger bar off.I do not think it was ever fired.Now I know how treasure hunters feel when they find a wreck.
nimble1

how many

Post by nimble1 »

I don't know how many were made but my 1977 is the latest that I have seen