Holster size help for a new guy- first post

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
herk

Post by herk »

First off let me say that I have learned a ton about the P-64 and I only bought mine last Saturday. This is by far one of the most comprehensive and informative forums I have ever been a part of and the people here are great when it comes to sharing expertise and advice- so thanks to all. Now that I have my P-64, I need a holster and I have been reading the forum to try to come up with the best fit for me. I have narrowed it down to the Don Hume Slider or the Fobus SG-3 or maybe both. My question- Do I get the Don Hume Slider that fits the PPK or the one for the Sig 230/232? Which fits best? I live in Florida and I'm retired so I only wear a coat in the winter. I'm 5'10" and 170, so I don't have any good natural concealment available so I guess I'm limited to pants pockets, floppy shirts or both.
I've got another question concerning spring mods, but I'll post that in the appropriate area. Thanks for your help. I look forward to reading your posts and learning more about the P-64.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome herk, you've found a new home. As far as holsters go, I've only got the Desantis Nemisis so far. It's a pocket holster that also fits the AMT Backup 45, PPK, Sig P230 & P232. That's what is marked on the bag. It is a great little holster that stays in the pocket, no following the gun out at all. Good luck on your quest on a holster and again WELCOME!! 8-)
searcher36

Post by searcher36 »

Welcome and congrats on getting a P-64! I use a Hume J.I.T slide for a Sig 230/232 and it fits like a glove. It also conceals nicely, I'm only 5'7 130-140 pounds and it hides pretty well under a t-shirt. There is a gentleman here that makes holsters specifically for the P-64, I dont have one of his yet but its definately on my short list. Here's the link http://www.brigadegunleather.com/
Hope this helps

Rob
drogers

Post by drogers »

Scan down the page to the topic started by TTH. He makes a great pocket carry holster and an IWB holster for this gun. He gives a discount to board members.
http://www.brigadegunleather.com/
9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

I agree with drogers. Troy makes nice holsters for the p-64. I will be ordering more from him soon.......
aussi001

Post by aussi001 »

I am also a new P64 owner-and really like this weapon for concealed carry. I am looking for a paddle holster with thumb break. Any suggestions?
Thanks to all of you for great info, and particularly for the free manual!
Arnie
2001flhr

Post by 2001flhr »

Just bought real nice IWB made by Nevada Gun Leather it's for Walther PPK, has ambidextrous belt loop, leather, and steel reinforced. On Sale $24 in Specials section... LOL
http://www.nevadagunleather.com/
brigade

Post by brigade »

I am also a new P64 owner-and really like this weapon for concealed carry. I am looking for a paddle holster with thumb break. Any suggestions?
Thanks to all of you for great info, and particularly for the free manual!
Arnie
Of course the one for the P-64 will be fitted to the P-64 exactly.

ourbigbluehouse

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

My first reply and post. Got my P-64 at show two months back and thanks to this site the springs are being changed by someone more knowledgeable than me. Found a conceal carry holster at a shop at the local flea market. It is Amish made with a 5 inch nylon waist strap ( which is surprizing comfortable around my middle age spread) with a Velcro fastening and an overlapping opening for the pistol. I tried it out with a Bersa .380, The fit was good and gun removal was fast and smooth. Easily carried on either side on the rear. I had it on under a T shirt and the gun didn't show. Fits my 9mm Jennings too. A little pricey at $ 25.00 but I like it and will be showing it to a shooting buddy tomorrow.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I don't quite understand the brief description of your holster. A picture is worth a thousand words. 8~)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

ourbigbluehouse,

Welcome aboard and glad to have ya here with us. We do like pic's..... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
ourbigbluehouse

I'll try to get the ole digital up and working. In the meantime think of it as a 5" wide elastic "belly band" with the velco on the ends. Like the compression bands used for post abdominal surgery only on a much thinner scale. My wife wore one for several weeks following her c-section for our son. The pistol is carried in an overlappiing elastic area that is stitched to comform to a pistol's generic shape. It came in different waist sizes. ThPistol could be place on either side, front or rear. I hope this helps.
ourbigbluehouse

It is muc like the defender holster. See conceatment holister link.. Mie does not have extra mag pocket or thumb strap. Is that more visually gooder?
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

Another new guy here I need some advice about akle holsters for my P-64