How to replace the trigger return spring?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
gloob

How to replace the trigger return spring?

Post by gloob »

Hey peeps,

Long time no see. I joined up when I made some mods to my PA-63 awhile back.

Well, I just bought my first P-64 and the trigger return spring is really @$#@# me off.

Is there a good detail strip guide somewhere? Or at least is there any wisdom pertaining to the trigger return spring that anyone might offer?

It looks like someone made a really really awesome tutorial, already. I found links in a different thread, but when I click on them I get a message that I don't have permission to view them. !!??!

Thanks!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: How to replace the trigger return spring?

Post by juniustaylor »

Parts list: http://p64resource.com/board/P64_Parts_List.pdf
Assembly guide: http://p64resource.com/board/P64_Assembly_Manual.pdf

The assembly guide is just that... shows you how to assemble. To disassemble, you have to start from the end and work your way to the top. The trigger return spring is pretty easy. Follow Norm's bag trick when taking out springs so they will be caught in the bag and not somewhere on the floor! Just put the gun in a clear ziplock so you can see what you're doing. When it comes time to put the spring back in, use a Q-tip like it shows or another similar object...
gloob

Post by gloob »

Nice, thanks!

I got everything back together, minus 1 part. It looks like a small washer/bearing about the right size to go over the grip screw, but it doesn't seem to belong there.

It doesn't seem to be on the parts diagram, either!
:shock:
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Just an add-on. The grip screw is a bit long on mine so when you snug the nut, a bit of the threaded portion of the screw sticks out. Someone probably put the washer on there to make it so it didn't stick out and possibly irritate the hand during firing. I put a washer on mine, then took it off because I felt it was unnecessary.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Also, check this topic out:
http://p64resource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1579

It deals directly with the trigger assembly.
gloob

Post by gloob »

It's definitely not a grip screw washer. It is a machined part of what appears to be blued carbon steel, and it's shaped like a bearing/bushing. It's a bit thicker than a washer and it's not completely 2 dimensional. It's thinner on the inside edge around the hole, as compared to the outside.

I tried putting it on the grip screw, just because it seemed to be the right size. My grip screw isn't long enough to reach through this part and still connect to the grip nut.

I'll have to take a picture of it when I get more time/energy.

*ne'er mind. I just figured it out. Strut washer! Can't really see it in the parts diagram. I just happened to come across a description in one of the other threads! :P
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Well, you better put that bad boy back where it belongs, on the strut! :)
Shuga

Post by Shuga »

Love the parts list and assembly guide. Many thanks guys.
miben

Post by miben »

I made a mistake and tried to release the hammer with the slide off. This caused the trigger connector bar to come out and I had a real hard time with the trigger spring. What finally worked after seeing your file is a large paper clip entering from the slide stop side to hold the spring in place while insterting the trigger connecting bar. Thanks