cz 52 firing pin

Use this section for all other firearms
big54r

cz 52 firing pin

Post by big54r »

has anyone here ever had to use an after market steel firing pin in their cz 52 after the oem broke the tip?

If so did you have to file or fit it in anyway?

I got one from J&G sales and it seems to need fling/fitting at the front shoulders to get the tip to protrude out far enuff to hit the primer.

Does anyone no how far the tip should protrude, in .000's, out the bolt face to strike the primer?
Last edited by big54r on October 12th, 2009, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darrell

cz 52 firing pin

Post by darrell »

try going to the CZ-52 page on makarov.com and see what they say. The after market should just drop in. The procedure is on the CZ-52 page and there may be some more links. Markov is out of business but the last time I checked the website was still up. There are some companies that used to make drop in firing pins I believe they are listed on the site. (just checked the site is up and the procedure is on the site) Harrington used to make firing pins also. You might check with them if the j and g one won't fit. The web page is a good resource.
Last edited by darrell on October 13th, 2009, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
pshootr

cz 52 firing pin

Post by pshootr »

Here is the URL to their site: http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/cz52.htm
protector

cz 52 firing pin

Post by protector »

That's where I got my replacement,drops right in,no modoz...Got the hardened barrel rollers, extended thumb slide catch from the same guy... ;)quote author=pshootr board=others thread=2981 post=31213 time=1255495559]Here is the URL to their site: http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/cz52.htm[/quote]
Last edited by protector on October 14th, 2009, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
big54r

cz 52 firing pin

Post by big54r »

thanx guy's.

I knew about the Mak site but actually never ordered anything from them before they went down.
I think I might need to order some rollers here real soon for spares.

I also have a 9mm barrel and need to get the parts to set it up, I had a link to numrich that had all the needed parts but my computer went tits up and I lost the link, I'll have to look it up again soon.

I had already put the J&G FP in when I posted so last night I went to the range and the FP worked nicely and there was no bending of the tip or protrusion problems so i'm a happy shooter!