A different holster

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
lcberlin

A different holster

Post by lcberlin »

I want a "small of back" inside the waistband holster for my P-64. The closest thing I have found is this....

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/ps2 ... sobr1.html

I was just talking to the owner, Bob Mernickle, who told me that he does not have a casting (?) to make a holster for the P-64. He asked me who is importing the gun, so that he could talk to them and see about getting what he needs from them to make holsters. Does anybody know who the importer is?

Secondly, just how close of a fit is the Walther PPK or the SIG 230 in a molded holster?

Thanks, y'all
weetabix

A different holster

Post by weetabix »

Somebody in another thread said the P232 holsters fit well. No experience myself though.
redfestiva

A different holster

Post by redfestiva »

Secondly, just how close of a fit is the Walther PPK or the SIG 230 in a molded holster?
the Walther PPK is a very good fit, the sig 230/232 is as close to a perfect fit as I've seen. This holster was designed for a Sig 230, as you can see , the P-64 is a good fit.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

A different holster

Post by trent »

tennessee guns imported them, and they are really quick to answer questions so give them a buzz or an e-mail
stibnite

A different holster

Post by stibnite »

Redfestiva -

What is that holster, looks nice! :-/
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

A different holster

Post by carguy »

Wouldn't a nice left handed IWB holster work just fine as an In the Back holster? Looking at that picture they would be interchangable.
torpeau

A different holster

Post by torpeau »

Wouldn't a nice left handed IWB holster work just fine as an In the Back holster? Looking at that picture they would be interchangable.
Looks like this uses a clip so that you can just slip over your belt/waistband in a hurry. I haven't seen many made this way.

I had never used a holster, but when I asked about a setup like this, people told me that the small of the back was the wrong place and that the butt was going in the wrong direction, etc. However, this looks like a very sensible to me. I'm right handed and the butt would point to the right.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
redfestiva

A different holster

Post by redfestiva »

Redfestiva -

What is that holster, looks nice! :-/
It is a JBP #308
jboller4

A different holster

Post by jboller4 »

i use a nemesis holster for the PPK to house my P-64 for pocket carry and it fits perfectly.

jimb
tripper

A different holster

Post by tripper »

I use an IWB Uncle Mike's Sidekick, size 1, for my P-64. It doesn't add any bulk at all and only costs $10. At that price I can get a new one every three years or so. It fits my Makarov, too.