Mags, Has anyone..

Info, pictures, advice...
exe

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by exe »

Hi folks, new guy here with new P-64, Love the gun and picked up the extra mags from Forward Supply. They arrived today.

With the mags came this piece of paper with "Mag break in" instructions.

Having been around firearms for a while now, I have never heard of breaking in a mag.. so my question is..

Has anyone actually done this, or just loaded up the mags with 6 rounds each and fired them off?
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by anjdrifter »

I just used em like any other but thats what I did...
9x18shooter

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by 9x18shooter »

+1 I just loaded them up and used them. I have not had any problems and I had never heard of breaking in a magazine.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by grayfox »

Same here. I loaded them up and fired away. They work great.

ps
I think they tell you to do that in case there are any metal burs that need to be worn down. Just a thought.
Last edited by grayfox on May 31st, 2007, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by carguy »

Same here loaded them and had nothing but problems.

Break them in!!

I never heard of such a thing before but I had all kinds of feeding problems. Then I started over. Load 1, shoot 1, load 2, shoot 2, load 3, shot 3 etc and I haven't had a feeding problem since. I don't know why but I haven't.

8~) Good Luck
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by papabear »

exe,

+5 with everyone else, consider the source, [Foward Supply] and move on. By the way, welcome aboard, good to have ya here, come often and stay late, we like pix's, so you are doing just fine.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on June 12th, 2007, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
mike59

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by mike59 »

Another new guy was just wondering how everyone is purchasing 2-3 magazines at a time from Forward Supply. When I tried to order I was informed that there was a fifty magazine minimum order.
mike59
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by carguy »

I picked up mine off of ebay...$10.00 plus shipping of a couple bucks. Someone form Utah. Mag was sealed in a plastic package with the "breaking in directions, supposedly from a company that manufactures for or supplies Springfield Armory, I think.

Anyways, cheap enough and it works.

I have this anal retentive compulsive thing that I like to have multiple mags available for each firearm as I used to pay at the range by the hour. Now I belong to a club and don't have to worry but still like to be prepared and have several mags loaded and available.
exe

Mags, Has anyone..

Post by exe »

Another new guy was just wondering how everyone is purchasing 2-3 magazines at a time from Forward Supply. When I tried to order I was informed that there was a fifty magazine minimum order.
mike59
Mike, when I placed my order, she told me it was a 50 dollar minimum. Not a big deal.. I picked up 6 mags and was good to go.. I like to have lots and lots of extra mags for my guns so thats how I did it.

Perhaps if anyone just wants one or two, you could chip in with someone and do a group order?