Range Report

Info, pictures, advice...
bobtx

Range Report

Post by bobtx »

I finally got to shoot the new P-64 today. It is VERY accurate. It does have an uncanny knack of concentrating all the recoil in the web of the thumb. I have only shot it with the Dennis grips, so I can only imagine what it would be like without them. The trigger pull is great after installing the new recoil, firing pin, and hammer springs however. The recoil is not bad at all, it is just focused in one location. I was shooting the Hornady 95 gr. XTP's loaded to 1000 fps.

I also shot the Bulgy Mak and the PA-63. The Mak was VERY accurate as well and shot right to the point of aim with the new sights as Phil promised. The trigger pull and recoil are excellent.

The PA-63 shoots well and is accurate as well, but I have problem with the mags not wanting to load the XTP's after the third time......both mags.

I had no failures to feed in any of them after firing 50 rounds through each pistol.

Bob

papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Range Report

Post by papabear »

Bob,

Thanks for your range report on your new P-64 with those great looking Dennis grips and your Bulgie Mak and PA63 report. I have to agree with you about the grips, with the stock grips, either with or without the thumbrest you do seem to get more recoil shock from them than the excellent wood grips by Dennis, his grips does cut down on the recoil, I also have the Zee grips and they too control the recoil, unfortunately Zee doesn't make his grips anymore, but they are a outstanding set of grips for the P-64 and he also made them for the the CZ52.

Image Image

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
michaelap

Range Report

Post by michaelap »

papabear
where can I get those black and white grips for my P-64?
michaelap

Range Report

Post by michaelap »

sorry I didnt read where you said he doesnt make them anymore still if anyone has some? or something like them please let me know.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Range Report

Post by blinddog »

bobtx, congrats on the great shooting. Honest, I think shoot those little guns is addictive!!!! MY wife says so, but I told her I could quit anytime. She told me to quit. I told her that I just wasn't quite ready yet and I would let her know when I was. Had to use some male assertion there. She glared at me and was mumbling something as she left the room. Whens supper? You are one lucky guy bobtx!!!