Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Info, pictures, advice...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by carguy »

Noticed Norinco 9x18 ammo in the green bax at J&G Sales for $7.50 a box. Too bad they refuse to ship to Mass!!

Maybe someone else can use some ammo...cheap!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by trent »

Thanks, Definately a bulk buy, Shipping one box to my location is 9.95. wheras 10 boxes is 18.10 shipping, big difference
Last edited by trent on July 23rd, 2007, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by nbender »

I suspect, but I don't know for sure, that all this Chinese 9x18 is coming from the person in Virginia who has sold this ammo for years on Gunbroker and Auction Arms. May be that he finally decided to move the last of his supply.

A couple years ago I asked him for one of the Chinese ammo boxes. Don't bother with getting one of those! I didn't know they made wood or nails that poorly.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by blinddog »

I been buying norinco green box for about a month now. Get it from that hole in the wall gun guy for $10 bucks a box. Shoots good. I think he has about 6 more boxes but he said he was going to order more. I really like it, shoots well!!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by carguy »

Really off topic on this thread but as I recent turned 50 I have been graced with the privelidge of subscribing to the AARP managzine (by way of recent membership).

ANyways they have an article of the 5 best places in the US to live and retire (based on lifestyle, retiree interests, real estate, climate). 3 of those locations at least those states are represented by postings on this thread!

1) Atlanta, Georgia
2)Portland, Oregon
3)Chandler, AZ
4) Boston, MA (yea!)
5) Milwaukee, WI

Just thought you might be interested.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by nbender »

Hah! Now that you COMPLETELY sidetracked us CG :D

blinddog, what do you think about Portland being one of the best places in the country to retire? Drive those streets much?

About Norinco - it's great ammo, but there seems to be a sudden awakening amoung folks about this stuff. Another great deal is the MFS still being sold by SOG for $8.95 a box. Brass cased and reloadable, and I believe 9x18 cases have some real value.

IF your neighbor will let you retrieve your cases after your P-64 launches them, I believe 50 cases of once-fired 9x18 are worth somewhere around $1.00 - $2.00. So subtract that off the cost of the ammo, even if you don't want to reload.
Last edited by nbender on July 26th, 2007, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amd6547

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by amd6547 »

I refuse to join AARP--they support gun control.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by carguy »

Then I'm quitting! As soon as I get cheap life insurance for my wife...who happens to be older than me (by 3 weeks, it's really her membership...ssshhhhh...don't tell anyone).

And I love the MFS 9x18 ammo at SOG but I can find cheaper than 8.95 a box + shipping. That's why I was excited about the Norinco at J&G until they decided not to ship to Mass, one of the top retirement locales in the country!!! They just didn't know who they were dealing with or maybe they did.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by nbender »

Well have you spent the last 2 weekends cutting old-growth blackberrys with a chain saw? Huh?

I'm just saying the MFS compares to the Norinco in value when you account for the brass. However, the Norinco shoots as well or better and travels downrange a bit faster, so ... back to those blackberrys.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by trent »

1) Atlanta, Georgia
2)Portland, Oregon
3)Chandler, AZ
4) Boston, MA (yea!)
5) Milwaukee, WI

Just thought you might be interested.
cool, A bit of a typo on Georgia (aparantly Atlanta is supposed to cover the entire midsection of Georgia, because Atlanta is not so good, South of atlanta is great though (Fayette county Spalding, ect.) it's just the whole city of atlanta (city excludes the high-rise business area in my definition) and sorrounding counties, which are all just city estentions pretty much. Are not the best places to live...I cant say all bad though, Hapeville, where Hartsfield Jackson airport is, is starting to be re-build with really nice housing.

What I'm saying is, don't go through "Atlanta" un-armed
Last edited by trent on July 26th, 2007, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by bzinggg »

Man, I love those Himilayan blackberries we used to pick gallons of on the Rogue and the Applegate in Southern Oregon. Huge things. Some say they're not as tasty as the little native berries, but I thought they were terrific. Unlike many though, I liked them fresh-picked and washed, but never in preserves or cobblers. I hate the effect of the seeds on my teeth in those refined products. Any work on or around the vines though is pure torture. Enjoy yourself! :-]
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by nbender »

Does AARP really support gun control? I'm just asking - If they do, I have to take some action.

Gotta love that Norinco.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by trent »

oh yea, and Buckhead in north Atlanta is nice too...
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by trent »

I just got deal today, I was hanging out at the gun store and a guy walked in trying to get rid of some boxes of 9x18

so I got 3 full boxes of Norinco green box and 20rnds of Hornady hollow points for 20 dollars
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Norinco Green Box Ammo!!

Post by carguy »

See it pays off being a poor student with nothing to do but skip class and hang around gun shops! ;D

Seriously that is a great deal...I still have yet to shoot any of the Norinco Green Box.