Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
So I was playing around in my garage today and decided to try and fit a Walther new style safety detent to my P64. The diameter is a perfect match, but the OAL and configuration was wrong. So, I chucked up the walther part in my drill press, and covered he portion I didnt want to cut with black sharpie. Then I used a dremel cutting wheel and ran it perpandicular to the rotating walther detent until I cut in enough to move the back edge up similar to the P64's detent. Then I made a perpandicular cut to shorten the remaining shank. The result: two crude detents that function check, fit, in my P64. First one took two hours, second one 2 min. I will have to test them on the range.
Just wanted to update this post. I have attached a picture (l to r) of my original P64 safety detent, an old style unmodified PPK safety detent, and one of the new style PPK safety detent I modified for P64 use. Just above the detente are a PPK extractor detent spring, and below it a P64 detent spring. I thought I would post this for anyone looking to find a missing replacement part for your P64.
- 20200111_105739.jpg (198.15 KiB) Viewed 402 times