New P-64 owner from Classic

Info, pictures, advice...
Red Dog Leader
Posts: 6
Joined: November 20th, 2018, 8:39 am

New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Red Dog Leader » November 20th, 2018, 8:56 am

Hello all,

Ordered up from Classic, then went searching for info on pistol and found forum.

Learned alot already about pistol here.
Received PPU93/95JHP, Red Army 93 and HOR FTX...Shot `25rnds of each and pistol worked great.
Will shoot it some more and think about springs and such.
Grips are kinda plain, looking at replacement with some wood...

Might just be my next summer carry gun.

Some pics...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EyVsER8fbMwSLvX8A

zack
Posts: 9
Joined: November 17th, 2018, 9:09 am

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by zack » November 20th, 2018, 11:11 pm

looks like you got a nice one, i also just picked one up from classic my self, it looked brand new, first 50 rounds i fired the safety stopped working, when i took the slide off i could see where the hammer peened the slide just past the safety and the burr was stopping the safety from moving to the safe position, i would be interested in knowing if this damage is present on your pistol,a photo of the inside of the slide would be great, i will try and up load some picks of mine

Red Dog Leader
Posts: 6
Joined: November 20th, 2018, 8:39 am

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Red Dog Leader » November 21st, 2018, 6:28 am

I'll get some pics up in a week or so, out of town now for holiday...

Ketchman
Veteran member
Veteran member
Posts: 998
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 4:36 pm
Location: Wyoming, USA

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Ketchman » November 25th, 2018, 1:27 am

Welcome aboard Red Dog, glad we have been able to give you answers to some of your questions. Highly recommend Russ's Polish Iron grips. They are the bomb.
Inspiration: The momentary cessation of stupidity.

"As in all life, the odds are 6 to 5 against"--- Ketchman

"The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there."
Jeff Cooper

BeoBill
Member
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: March 16th, 2016, 9:42 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by BeoBill » November 26th, 2018, 1:52 pm

I'll heartily second that!

Granpooba
Member
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: January 30th, 2018, 1:05 am
Location: Queensbury / Lake George, NY

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Granpooba » December 1st, 2018, 1:45 am

Purchased first P64 from Classic and was not very happy with it, even after paying extra for Pick of the Best. Voiced my disapproval to them and they did return the monies for pick of the best.

Purchased second P64 from DK Firearms and was extremely happy with the firearm that I received from them. Actually it looked new and it does not show any signs of ever being loaded or fired. It still looks that way, as I will not fire it and change its rating.

With that said, I have been reading how folks are receiving good quality P64's from Classic. Thus, the Ole Soft Heart showed itself and I ordered another P64, from Classic. BUT !! Placed order only after exchange of 3 or 4 emails and a telephone conversation stating the quality that I was requesting and did want nothing less. Could they supply ?

WELL ! Order is placed and will most likely receive the P64 next week. Sales rep stated to me that I will be EXTREMELY happy with the P64 that they are selling me. NOW !! Looking forward to receiving it and wondering will I have a quality piece or a parts gun ? LOL

Will keep you advised on what I do receive.

Granpooba
Member
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: January 30th, 2018, 1:05 am
Location: Queensbury / Lake George, NY

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Granpooba » December 7th, 2018, 3:00 pm

Granpooba wrote:
December 1st, 2018, 1:45 am
Purchased first P64 from Classic and was not very happy with it, even after paying extra for Pick of the Best. Voiced my disapproval to them and they did return the monies for pick of the best.

Purchased second P64 from DK Firearms and was extremely happy with the firearm that I received from them. Actually it looked new and it does not show any signs of ever being loaded or fired. It still looks that way, as I will not fire it and change its rating.

With that said, I have been reading how folks are receiving good quality P64's from Classic. Thus, the Ole Soft Heart showed itself and I ordered another P64, from Classic. BUT !! Placed order only after exchange of 3 or 4 emails and a telephone conversation stating the quality that I was requesting and did want nothing less. Could they supply ?

WELL ! Order is placed and will most likely receive the P64 next week. Sales rep stated to me that I will be EXTREMELY happy with the P64 that they are selling me. NOW !! Looking forward to receiving it and wondering will I have a quality piece or a parts gun ? LOL

Will keep you advised on what I do receive.
Not going to go into details. But, I wish that the Ole Soft Heart had now shown itself.

Not pleased with P-64 purchased from CLASSIC. Especially after email / telephone conversations stating the condition that I was seeking. Was told I would be EXTRMEMELY pleased with the one they had picked and shipped. " WELL, I AM NOT " :!:

Being Polish myself, I was seeking a P64 that I would be proud to pass onto my Son. I stated to CLASSIC that I am not happy with it. Will not be passing it on and basically, I consider it a paper weight. :(

I do have to say that CLASSIC did offer a replacement or a refund. But the purchased firearm had been registered in NY state and placed on my permit. I do not feel like going through the trouble's of removing it from my permit and doing a return shipping. I stated that they could do a $20.00 refund for PICK OF THE BEST, of which they did do.

Final word on the subject: I will NEVER purchase any item again from CLASSIC FIREARMS :!: :!:

End of POST, and I do sincerely mean THE END :!:

User avatar
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 2362
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Curly1 » December 7th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Yeah dealing with them is a crap shoot from all the the posts I have seen over the years.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary

Granpooba
Member
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: January 30th, 2018, 1:05 am
Location: Queensbury / Lake George, NY

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Granpooba » December 7th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Curly1 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 3:05 pm
Yeah dealing with them is a crap shoot from all the the posts I have seen over the years.
Yes Sir, I will agree with you :!: This is the second time that I have been crapped on by CLASSIC. You would have thought that this Pollack would have learned after the first time. Can promise you all that their will never, ever be a third time. :evil:

Enough said on this subject. Time to move on to better things. Like the new " RUGER 10 th Anniversary Edition LCP ", that my wife has bought me as a XMAS gift. But, I have to wait till XMAS to play with it. :D

Granpooba
Member
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: January 30th, 2018, 1:05 am
Location: Queensbury / Lake George, NY

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Granpooba » December 7th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Curly1 wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 3:05 pm
Yeah dealing with them is a crap shoot from all the the posts I have seen over the years.
Yes Sir, I will agree with you :!: This is the second time that I have been crapped on by CLASSIC. You would have thought that this Pollack would have learned after the first time. Can promise you all that their will never, ever be a third time. :evil:

Enough said on this subject. Time to move on to better things. Like the new " RUGER 10 th Anniversary Edition LCP ", that my wife has bought me as a XMAS gift. But, I have to wait till XMAS to play with it. :D

GuitarmanNick
Member
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 10:04 am
Location: Maryland

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by GuitarmanNick » December 8th, 2018, 9:24 am

I have bought two P-64s from Classic and am so pleased I am considering another. The two that I received were like new. I paid for "hand select" on the first, but not the second and it was even nicer with absolutely no wear on the finish.

I have seen both positive and negative reviews for them. Perhaps I have just been very lucky but that would be contrary to the way life usually treats me. :)

It does seem like they have runs of good guns, and then they sell a batch that aren't as nice which pisses people off that were expecting something better. I do not rely on their descriptions as much as I do the most recent reviews. I am sure some crates they open have been compromised and will contain guns that are not as nice as the majority and should be listed separately.

Yes, they do screen reviews before allowing them to be posted, but they do post the bad with the good.

Although I have not purchased from DK yet, I have only seen positive reviews for them.

User avatar
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member
Posts: 2362
Joined: September 20th, 2011, 11:35 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Curly1 » December 8th, 2018, 2:59 pm

And they are also said to remove any negative feedback reviews from their site.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary

Granpooba
Member
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: January 30th, 2018, 1:05 am
Location: Queensbury / Lake George, NY

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Granpooba » December 8th, 2018, 8:27 pm

GuitarmanNick wrote:
December 8th, 2018, 9:24 am
I have bought two P-64s from Classic and am so pleased I am considering another. The two that I received were like new. I paid for "hand select" on the first, but not the second and it was even nicer with absolutely no wear on the finish.

I have seen both positive and negative reviews for them. Perhaps I have just been very lucky but that would be contrary to the way life usually treats me. :)

It does seem like they have runs of good guns, and then they sell a batch that aren't as nice which pisses people off that were expecting something better. I do not rely on their descriptions as much as I do the most recent reviews. I am sure some crates they open have been compromised and will contain guns that are not as nice as the majority and should be listed separately.

Yes, they do screen reviews before allowing them to be posted, but they do post the bad with the good.

Although I have not purchased from DK yet, I have only seen positive reviews for them.
DK FIREAMS :?:
Well, I have purchased one P-64 from DK FIREARMS. If I were to rate the condition of the purchased firearm with (1) being a Parts Gun and (10) being an Excellent Condition Firearm. I would have to give the P-64 that I purchased from DK an ( 11 ) :!: And it is not a typo. I am saying an ELEVEN, as the condition of the P-64 that I purchased from them looks like it came off of the factory production line direct to ME :!:

My P-64 from DK shows absolutely NO signs of EVER being fired. This is also a statement from my gunsmith. The feed ramp shows nothing of a round ever passing over it. The magazine shows no signs of ever having a round loaded into it. Trigger shows now signs of ever being pulled, etc, etc, etc. It looks so NEW, that I have decided not to ever put any rounds thru it. I want to keep it in the LIKE NEW condition that it is in.

I have requested that DK put me on a call list if they ever receive another shipment of P-64's. As I would immediately purchase another P-64 from them.

My experience with DK FIREARMS is a 180 degree different story from my experience with CLASSIC FIREARMS.

Wonabe
Junior member
Posts: 22
Joined: August 15th, 2015, 8:32 am

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Wonabe » December 8th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Not only are they known for refusing to approve most negative reviews they even started deleting most that they did post. A few years back around the same time they added the "was this review helpful" feature they got caught literally STEALING from a very well known Reddit user so hundreds of people started giving the thumbs up on negative reviews and bam, they were deleted. Also known as shysters on literally every gun board I use. They finally paid up to avoid court but the damage was done, especially after Classic started responding in an extremely shady manor publically. Also worth noting they use multiple listings' for the same guns to keep the stars up. There's 3 different listings for p64 and 8 for mosins when you google them!!!

Thankfully I'm moving soon (army) I look forward to finding a new FFL to use so I can give legit shops like Aim Surplus and Tombstone Tactical my money again, the people I used for years on transfers shut down and all the other places in town pretty much refuse to trade licenses anymore so I'm stuck with what they got on file, Classic and almost as worse, Cheaper than dirt.

zack
Posts: 9
Joined: November 17th, 2018, 9:09 am

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by zack » December 8th, 2018, 11:45 pm

I have bought several guns from classic, all sight unseen online, all were old, used, military surplus firearms, i was very pleased with all, were they all like new? no of course not, i have a hard time with people ordering a 50 year old used military firearm and then talking down the seller when its not like new? this is used surplus stuff, there are plenty of hi points or Taurus pistols on classic web site that are new with warranty for folks that want that, if you like surplus guns like me classic is a great resource

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests