Browny HP clones

Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by normsutton »

one of our fellow members asked me about the FEG P9M

I have 2 of them one in 9 mm and 1 in 40 cal SW the 40 cal is my bed side gun a long with my 12 gag depends on what go's bump in the night, P9M is a SA gun the FEG P9R is a DA I think ( I really get confused with FEG's numbers). The P9M is built on the original machines that built the Browny HP , it will take Browny HP mags right now FEG is in full production of these guns for police departments and the military around the world because of its quality and they come with a new gun guaranty ( it seems like the Browny HP is still the favorite of all 9 mm's)
if you want one get one from SHONA at http://www.ssmedwi.com/
she is the soul distributor for http://www.fegarmy.hu/index.php?p=guns&lang=en in this country
and WOLFF makes springs kits for the hp

PS DENNIS makes grips for these guns too

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on June 12th, 2007, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Browny HP clones

Post by anjdrifter »

you are right the HP brings back many warm and fuzzy memories for me and is still the one gun I always regretted leaving behind in a past life... you have 2 nice ones.. have a question you mentioned one is single and the other is DA is the safety on make it safe to 1 in chamber carry or is there a safety
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by normsutton »

anjdrifter

I don't own one of these

P9R, P9RK HIGH-PERFORMANCE SELF-LOADING
PISTOL 9 x 19 mm CALIBER

The gun has an steel casing. It is self-loading and has a latched barrel, an external hammer, a double action type firing mechanism, flying firing pin, and it has a revolving safety device built into the slide. The latching of the barrel is done via three latching rings in the slide. The hammer is provided with a safety rest against accidental discharging.
The revolver-type firing mechanism and the external hammer make it possible to fire the first shot directly as well by pulling the trigger of the previously barrel, loaded, released hammer and unlatched gun, but if conditions allow it, the hammer may also be cocked beforehand with our finger. The revolving safety device in the slide enables loading the barrel while the pistols is latched without any risk involved.

TECHNICAL DATA P9R P9RK
Caliber. 9x 19 mm
Length of the barrel: 118,5 mm 105,5 mm
Length of gun: 203 mm 190 mm
Height of gun: 134 mm 134 mm
Thickness of gun: 35 mm 35 mm
Magazine s capacity: 10/14 pcs
Weight of gun with empty magazine: 1000 g 970 g:
Weight of gun with loaded magazine: 1170 g 1140 g:
Shooting range: 25 m

http://fegarmy.hu/?lang=en&p=p9r

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on June 11th, 2007, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Browny HP clones

Post by anjdrifter »

thanks as usual to Norm..
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by normsutton »

they also make a target model

they all take original HP mags and some after market mags

TYPE P9L HIGH-PERFORMANCE SELF-LOADING FREE PISTOL,
CALIBER 9 x 19 mm

The pistol has a steel casing, it is a self-loading type. The barrel is latched in the slide by three blocking ribs. The pistol is equipped with external hammer., the hammer is provided with a safety rest against accidental discharging. For the sake of sporty firing-off, the weapon is not equipped with magazine latching.The ergonomic arrangement and the increased sighting length facilitate the aiming. With the adjustable sight the pistol can be conveniently and quickly aligned. The weight of the barrel improves the dispercion cone and the stop incorporated in it attenuates the hit. The pistol charged to full cock, with the hammer pulled up can be latched by pushing the manual lock.

TECHNICAL DATA:
Caliber: 9x19 mm
Length of the barrel: 150 mm
Length of gun: 234 mm
Height of gun: 130 mm
Thickness of gun: 35 mm
Magazine`s capacity: 10/13 cartridges
Weight of gun with empty magazine: 1008 g
Weight of gun with loaded magazine: 1168 g
Shooting range: 25 m

http://fegarmy.hu/?lang=en&p=p9l

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by papabear »

Norm,

Thanks for the SHONA"s web site info and the info on the FEG pistols. I've been looking for a 91/30 scope and she has the repo's at a fair price. Also I sent a email for info on the FEG 40RZ .40 cal that I am interested in.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on June 11th, 2007, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Browny HP clones

Post by trent »

I've been considering the Bulgarian Arcus 94 and 98, Century is selling them though I don't know how much. The 94 is single action and the 98 Double. If someone with access to century could post the price or pm it to me, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by trent on June 11th, 2007, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Browny HP clones

Post by carguy »

I've also stumbled on an FM HiPower model M-95 from Argentina. Is anyone familiar with them? They have been manf. under license (since expired) for decades from FN from the machinery and blueprints from the FN Browning. I understand that they have a M-95 that is identical to the FN Hi Power and a Detective version that has a 3.5 inch barrel.

Web searches are hard pressed to come up with info and opinions but what I've found rate them extremely well possibly better than the FEG in function and durability but not in fit and finish.

Anyone familiar?

I now have an FEG P9R for $285 OR an FM M-95 for $325 OR an FM M-95 Detective for $399 available to me. Oh yeah and a Beretta 92FS Compact for $450 but I just can't spend that much right now so I'm leaning toward the FM M-95 or the FEG P9R.

HELP! Too many guns, not enough funds!
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Browny HP clones

Post by manicmechanic »

Try going here.
http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
These guys are really up on all sorts of Hi Powers.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by normsutton »

carguy

FEG P9R for $285 is not a bad price SHONA gets $380 for them

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Browny HP clones

Post by carguy »

All I mentioned are used, FEG I'm told (haven't seen it yet) like new 98%.

So I'm thinking.

If I can get the Beretta for under $450 it is a steal ($675 new) not too many compacts available out there, Ma compliant don't forget.

But I really like the look of the Hi Power. I even found a Star B but it looks so much like my 1911 my son is really frowning on it!

Thanks as well I never nothiced the Hi Power threads on the 1911 forum. I asked for opinions there as well.
Last edited by carguy on June 11th, 2007, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

Browny HP clones

Post by barnett3006 »

here is a pic of my FEG P9R. I have only had one problem with the thing. The action block was poorly soldiered onto the barrel and it worked loose, but a quick trip to a gunsmith and some new soldier fixed it right up and haven't had a problem with it since. This was my only handgun for a long time so there is no telling how many thousands of rounds I have put through it. They are fun to shoot and they are built like a tank.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by normsutton »

barnett
Thats a nice looking pistol you got there

I think they are all milled and a part of the barrel now
at less I can't find any seems on my P9M's

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on June 12th, 2007, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Browny HP clones

Post by carguy »

barnett
My question is this, is the P9R DA /SA like a P64? It can be loaded then the hammer dropped to fire the first round DA. And once the hammer is dropped could it be cocked for SA fire?

I ask this as I'm looking at an FEG PJK (closest clone to the Browning Hi Power that I've seen to date) and it is strictly single action like the original but a listing for a used P9R just noted Double Action Only...maybe this one is broken I don't know but I want to make sure the FEG P9R is DA/SA and can be shot either way. The PJK I saw also has a billboard of an import stamp on the slide as well that is just plain ugly. I'm leaning toward the P9R as a more modern version. Anyone can have a good or poor copy so I think I'll have to go with my gut as soon as I can handle either or both.

Thanks to all (buy the way some great look pistols...you already know why I'm suddenly interested too)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by papabear »

Norm,

Thanks for the SHONA"s web site info and the info on the FEG pistols. I've been looking for a 91/30 scope and she has the repo's at a fair price. Also I sent a email for info on the FEG 40RZ .40 cal that I am interested in.

papabear
Got a reply from SHONA about the FEG 40rz, bad new I'm affraid.

The 40RZ is not being produced at this time and we don't have a
production date from FEG.

Regards,
Deutsche Waffen
POINT SHOOTER