1987 Wanad with a green trigger

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
DesertAZ

1987 Wanad with a green trigger

Post by DesertAZ »

Has anyone else noticed a green tone to their trigger on the 1987? My 87 has a greenish tone that i find quite cool and different. I ask only because i have only seen it in my 87 (not on my 89), saw it on an 87 on this site and J&Gs photo example online has it too and it is an 87. Serials on mine and J&G begin with SB. Any ideas? I like it....just curious.
DesertAZ

Re: 1987 Wanad with a green trigger

Post by DesertAZ »

I was going to post a photo but I'm new to this site and had some trouble there..."insufficient memory"?

The P-83 has become my favorite shooter and I'm considering it for CC.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Live my P-83 and have never noticed a green tint.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
DesertAZ

Post by DesertAZ »

I'm hoping these examples show what I am talking about. I haven't even uploaded a photo of mine yet. It seems like it may be just a fading of the bluing as the upper portion of my trigger show a plum color. Typically that plum is the color I see when it comes to color changes in the bluing. It is just odd that many of the 1987s (did see one 88) have this green color alteration. Perhaps the guy on the assembly line fell off the wagon on Russian Wodka ("w" intended in honor of the 83) and was working drunk for a year before being sent to reeducation?

Any who, or why...mine is like these and its an 87. Not the 89 though.

I need to buy more 83s now to test the theory. Think my wife will buy that? Maybe flowers or something....
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-12-28-00-15-25.png
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.08 KiB) Viewed 15426 times
67335-polishp83semiautopistol9x1835barrelg-vgconditionused-s2.JPG
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

i am gonna buy another and will let you know.
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

mine is more plum colored just like the slide release and trigger bar. They are some very hardened parts. I love my P83.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Plum colored on all the ones I have seen.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
DesertAZ

Post by DesertAZ »

I did have a photo of the 87 I'm talking about. It is not the best photo but you can see the color is green on the one with the wood grips. The one on the bottom is an 89 and the whole of the trigger is black, not even the plum. I do have the plum in other locations on the gun like the slide release, safe/dec, but strangely not the trigger bar (completely black). My count with similar 87s now with a greenish trigger is about 7 or 8 based on mine and photos and of course one 88.

I'm curious if any other parts fade/ware to green as a trigger is the only thing I've seen it happen on so far.

I may have to find a way to fabricate a custom mount for a green laser to match that trigger. J/K. But wait, Hmmm....
Attachments
20151221_083103[1].jpg
20151221_083103[1].jpg (61.77 KiB) Viewed 15400 times
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

My 1987 also sports the green trigger.
DesertAZ

Post by DesertAZ »

Thanks for that corfirmation on your 87. All but one so far have been. It is a bit interesting. Curious as to why.
DesertAZ

Post by DesertAZ »

Green trigger has come up before on this forum. Found this thread from a few years back as well as the photo it is referring to.
manicmechanic wrote:I see you've got one with the green trigger also. Mine is like that and haven't seen any others until yours. I wonder if it was a 1987 thing?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4064&p=41192#p41192
Attachments
IMG_2796_zps5f6ee350[1].jpg
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Yep that's mine in the thread I started. Thought I posted that up here somewhere.
DesertAZ

Post by DesertAZ »

That is very interesting. I noticed the numbers on that one are SB05XXX. Mine is SB059XX (The J&G Photo above appears to be an SB05XXX as well) so they are very close with regard to production as well. Yours is in much nicer condition with regard to the finish. At least from the photos. You appear to have gotten a really good one and man is that trigger green. Like it.
Sunset_Va

Re: 1987 Wanad with a green trigger and Stubborn Decocker

Post by Sunset_Va »

Hello everyone, my first posting here, I have been reading this forum, but never joined.

I purchased a 1987 P83 at Gander Mountain yesterday with an extra magazine.

Mine also has a green trigger.
But the double action trigger pull is very smooth and lighter than usual on these pistols.
Mine also has a very hard to engage decocker when trying to drop the hammer. I have not shot the pistol yet, but stripped it down and cleaned it throughly in mineral spirits, let it dry, and applied BreakFree CLP.

I am fairly good at detail stripping guns for problem checking, guess I need to read as much as I can about hard to engage decockers. When the hammer is down , it works very easily.

Also have ordered some wood grips for it, but my main concern right now is the decocker.

The cocking serrations are useless!
Enjoy the forum, not only for the P83, but Makarovs as well.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary