Who Has Used Their P-64 to Stop Would-be Attackers

Info, pictures, advice...
preacher

Post by preacher »

I have.

One night I was picking my wife up from work. I decided to leave early and catch Walmart before getting her. Well, there a backroad that's a shortcut from Walmart to her work. I stop at am intersection that's really out in the sticks as far as traffic goes.

When I hit the stop sign, 3 guys run out from the bank below the road. 1 stands in front of the car, 1 behind, and the 3rd is starring right in the driver side window making weird faces at me. I could tell by the look of his eyes he was tripped out on something.

I politely ask him and his friends to move, and he starts laughing loudly. The other 2 join in. I ask a 2nd time and the man suggests I have sex with myself(polite way of repeating the man). The third time I ask they decided to leave. I have never seen men run that fast before in my life.

I don't know why they decided to change their minds the 3rd time. ;D ;D ;DImage

You don't suppose it was the P-64 in my left hand and the Hi-Power in my right do you??? ???
cz83

Post by cz83 »

I stop a would be attacker with a comb long time ago! about 7 or 10 years ago. I was waiting for my sister to get out of work. This was on a secluded parking area (I was park in front of her job). It was around 11-12 pm or so, When I notice this guy (heavy parka) walking about 2 blocks away(short blocks). He made the approached in my blindside so I lost track of him. I decided to tilt my left side car mirror so that I can see/look for him. This is during the winter, my car is the only one in the big parking lot. He was about 15 feet away from my car when, I opened my interior light and opened my glove compartment and pick up my comb (I pretended to rack the slide like when you have a real gun) put it under my baseball hat and I stuck it out the window of my car. I shouted at him "Whats up!" he stopped dead on his track and look at me analysing whats under the baseball hat. He said "Ahhhh! do you have the time?" I told him "around 12 am" then he said "thanks" and went back the same way he went. Just maybe he really wanted to know the time only but there is a bank across the street with the time and temperature on their billboard. I could have just start the car and leave but I couldn't think of anything at all (just pure instinct and bluff). It Sorry no P64 in the story!!!!
Last edited by cz83 on December 14th, 2005, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

I had an encounter in my store with an angry customer who was acting erratic and threatened me with a beating. I carry crossdraw and turned my back to him, but kept him in the corner of my eye. While I gripped my P64 and prepared to draw, he left of his own accord, and thankfully never had to find out he was dealing with a loaded pistol.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
preacher

Post by preacher »

Hey AMD, can I guess that you are a fan of the AK47??? I built a pair of 65's. One I pistoled and one is a sidefolder. Great little peices.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

Yeah, I made a screw-built amd65. It turned out great and is a handy piece. I also had a Romanian "G" built for me---it has become my favorite semi rifle with it's laminated wood stocks.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

I have built about 7 AKs so far as screw builds. 2 of them are the AMD type with the sidefolder. Great for shooting from the hip, but that wire stock is heck on your cheek to fire from the shoulder. Mine are actually very accurate rifles as far as AKs go. I can keep the shots in a 3-4" circle at 100 yds easy.
preacher

Post by preacher »

I like screw builds. I built one of those dreaded Yugo's a while back. The bore was spotless on mine and fairly accurate.
cz83

Post by cz83 »

Don't want to sound ignorant but what is screw built (is it using screw intead of stamping it out)????? ???
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

cz83, in place of rivets in the trunions, special screws are used... Many people have done it, and swear by it, and there's no indication that it's any unsafer than riveted... Me, I'm a rivet man, for authenticity, and because I just KNOW I'd bust the stupid tap, lol... ;D ;D ;D
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I'm a milled man, myself. ;)
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

when I was younger (50 yrs ago) BM =(before makarov) I used to have to carry a lot of cash and too many people knew it, so my boss got me a cc permit. One day while I was in a much less than area, acoupe of sinister looking pachucos started to follow me back to a pafrking lot. i senced what was about to happen , so i took out my .38 spl 2" barrel revolver and put one into the air, strieght up. Then yelled, "You want a taste"????? The took off in the other direction. I carried it loaded with hollow point with at least two "snake shot" as we called them... like mini shot gun shells. Not supposed to kill, but woul,d spend a lot of time in the ER w/ Doc pulling them out. I carried the "gat" from 1970 to 1989!!!! No other problems,
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Thinking of doing a milled receiver for my newest Polish underfolder kit... Should look nice when done... ;D ;D ;D

-Mark
preacher

Post by preacher »

Aint we all. ;) But I can buy 4 AKM kits for the price of one milled reciever. I make my own recievers. When I'm done, I have a $1.85 in each reciever. ;D
Last edited by preacher on December 18th, 2005, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
mongo

Post by mongo »

admin wrote:I make my own recievers. When I'm done, I have a $1.85 in each reciever. ;D
Ummmm I know some people who might want you to visit a federal country club...

;)
preacher

Post by preacher »

admin wrote:I make my own recievers. When I'm done, I have a $1.85 in each reciever. ;D
Ummmm I know some people who might want you to visit a federal country club...

;)
You're allowed to make your own for personal use. Just not allowed to sell them. ;)