Found magazines for the P64

Info, pictures, advice...
P-220

Found magazines for the P64

Post by P-220 »

Sorry if this is common knowledge, I am still relatively new here.

Southern Ohio Gun has P64 mags in stock. I ordered mine on Monday and they arrived today.

My P64 is at CCR getting a CP II facelift and I have ordered Zebra wood grips from Marschal.

I am fascinated with this weapon and am anxious to actually shoot it.

i will post pics as soon as I have the finished product.
p64-1973

Re: Found magazines for the P64

Post by p64-1973 »

I ordered some from Buymilsurp.com and also J&G sales has them too. Spare magazines that is.
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.
newto9x18
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by newto9x18 »

I just received some mags that I ordered from SOG. Had the serial numbers engraved, but were in excellent, barely used condition. No rust and hardly any follower wear. Just in case anyone else is interested.
Huff

Post by Huff »

I got my P64 from SOG and then ordered a spare mag that obviously was removed from the holster to sell seperately. The one with my gun was electro penciled with a ser number close to the number of my gun.
A couple years ago when I bought my M57 it came with holster and spare mag.
huff
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

They're a bunch of swindlers. Taking the magazine out that should have been with the gun anyway only to sell it separately so they can make some more dough off of it. Seems like a bunch of crap to me.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
newto9x18
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by newto9x18 »

Looking closely at the mags that I just bought, I noticed that two are the earlier short-lipped variety. In other posts, I read that the later long-lipped mags may result in feed problems in the earlier (pre 1970) P-64's issued with the short-lipped mags. Does anyone know if the earlier short-lipped mags may cause feed problems in the 70's vintage P-64's that were issued with longer-lipped mags?

I guess I'll find out at the range if no one has an answer, but I thought that I might avoid clearing jams while I experiment.
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

juniustaylor wrote:They're a bunch of swindlers. Taking the magazine out that should have been with the gun anyway only to sell it separately so they can make some more dough off of it. Seems like a bunch of crap to me.
Yup, thats about right. I used to deal with a FFL guy until I found out he was doing that sort of garbage too - he don't need my business and I don't want his anymore. :evil:
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.