Grips for CZ-82

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Hdig72sfanslinmt

Re: Grips for CZ-82

Post by Hdig72sfanslinmt »

Any info on durability of Marshal Grips with RH thumbrest and fingers . I really like the look of them for my 1990 CZ-82

I already have walnut grips on my P-63 , CZ-52, CZ-75B and one of my P-64s. Love them and have had no problems, did have to do a little fitting for the CZ-52. I am sold on Marshall grips even if it takes the 8 or 9 weeks to get them.
WayniacKT

Re: Grips for CZ-82

Post by WayniacKT »

Rebuilt my CZ82 from the last spring up. Did a trigger job and stripped her down naked and blued it.
Made some custom grips for her.
I took a stock black plastic set and sanded down the checkering a bit. Not super smooth or anything, just to get the patterned look off.
Then I took a wood burning tool with a sharp stippling point and just stippled the grips all over to get a rough surface. Had to be careful though, it takes a fairly light touch or you will burn through and make holes.
Once that was done i lightly sanded again just to knock the sharp peaks off.
Then I cleaned them well and used Rustoleum "Plastic Bonding" spray paint in a Desert Tan color. I sprayed several coats (4 or 5) letting it dry for several mins between. Then added a few coats of semi-gloss polyurethane in the same manner.
Then i let the grips set up for about a week.
The spray paint works well as long as you take the time to let it set up properly. If you rush the grips back on the gun it will chip or scratch the paint easily.
This is a regular carry gun of mine and the grips have held up very well so far.

Close to the best shooter i have (besides maybe my Sig).