Reproduction Thumbrest Grips for P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
Elvis

Reproduction Thumbrest Grips for P-64

Post by Elvis »

If someone would loan a set of original (hopefully mint condition) P-64 grips featuring the thumb rest to the fabricator linked below then such grips would be available for purchase....

http://vintagegungrips.net/nsearch.html
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Reproduction Thumbrest Grips for P-64

Post by normsutton »

Elvis

the thumb rest grips are not the original , they don't even match up right

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Well Norm, regardless of whether you personally like the grips or not and apparently you do not. There are others on this very website who have in fact expressed interest in the black plastic grips with thumb rest and I was interested in helping them as opposed to receiving this thoroughly unhelpful and unappreciated response from you. I continue to hope that someone might loan a set of the grips to the company linked so that one might at least have the option of acquiring a set of them if they should choose to do so.
As for the thumb rest being a non OEM part, I am not under the impression that such is the purpose of this website as I have read considerable commentary expressing interest in after market wooden grips, reduced power mainsprings, and chrome finishes, none of which are O.E.M.
In closing, it is my understanding that the black plastic grips with the thumb rest were an importation requirement at one time as were similar grips on the Browning .380 (1972 model if memory serves). So, the black plastic grips were correct for certain years.

P.S. I was an Endowment Life Member of the NRA at one time but after learning the true nature of the organization (organized opposition), I sent them them a letter requesting that I be dropped from their roles. Nonetheless, continue to receive my lifetime subscription....
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Elvis

I have bought many many sets from http://vintagegungrips.net/index.html they are very nice grips and have always promoted them and I always search there first,
I collect a lot of oddball guns

besides ZEE already makes plastic grips for us with and with out rest, and ZEE has been a member here as long as I have

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Elvis wrote:Well Norm, regardless of whether you personally like the grips or not and apparently you do not.
This has nothing to do with whether or not anyone likes the thumb rest grips. Norm's reply was a simple correction of the inaccurate statement that the thumb rest grips were "original." They weren't. End of story.
There are others on this very website who have in fact expressed interest in the black plastic grips with thumb rest and I was interested in helping them as opposed to receiving this thoroughly unhelpful and unappreciated response from you. I continue to hope that someone might loan a set of the grips to the company linked so that one might at least have the option of acquiring a set of them if they should choose to do so.
As for the thumb rest being a non OEM part, I am not under the impression that such is the purpose of this website as I have read considerable commentary expressing interest in after market wooden grips, reduced power mainsprings, and chrome finishes, none of which are O.E.M.
In closing, it is my understanding that the black plastic grips with the thumb rest were an importation requirement at one time as were similar grips on the Browning .380 (1972 model if memory serves). So, the black plastic grips were correct for certain years.
There are lots of great places to get grips. This is one of them. Springs have zip to do with grips.

P.S. I was an Endowment Life Member of the NRA at one time but after learning the true nature of the organization (organized opposition), I sent them them a letter requesting that I be dropped from their roles. Nonetheless, continue to receive my lifetime subscription....
1) Wrong forum to air your beef with the NRA (or any other org)
2) Don't care about your beef
3) Your feelings get hurt way too easy

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

lklawson wrote:
Elvis wrote:Well Norm, regardless of whether you personally like the grips or not and apparently you do not.
This has nothing to do with whether or not anyone likes the thumb rest grips. Norm's reply was a simple correction of the inaccurate statement that the thumb rest grips were "original." They weren't. End of story.
There are others on this very website who have in fact expressed interest in the black plastic grips with thumb rest and I was interested in helping them as opposed to receiving this thoroughly unhelpful and unappreciated response from you. I continue to hope that someone might loan a set of the grips to the company linked so that one might at least have the option of acquiring a set of them if they should choose to do so.
There are lots of great places to get grips. This is one of them. Springs have zip to do with grips.

1) Wrong forum to air your beef with the NRA (or any other org)
2) Don't care about your beef
3) Your feelings get hurt way too easy

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
YUP WHAT HE SAID