trouble in p64adise

Info, pictures, advice...
ramiriz60

trouble in p64adise

Post by ramiriz60 »

I was introduced to the world of [ dumbasssssssss] I took my P-64 grips & slide off today, and installed a new 20 lb wolf recoil spring, and wolf 18 lb hammer spring. I then got the bright idea to coat the trigger bar and other parts with a little moly grease to help with the trigger pull. I then proceeded to pull the trigger & release the trigger a few times to work in the grease. Bad idea, something made a click and then the trigger bar fell out. After trying to put it back in working order, I had a bright idea & went to the reassembly link in the repair section. I read the instructions, and looked at the photos, and shortly discovered that the trigger return spring had slipped off the trigger bar. Imanaged to put everything back together and THANK YOU for the excellent reassembly instructions. I took the reassembled pistol, and with snapcaps, dry fired it about 50 cycles, Boy does that moly grease slick up the trigger pull. It is still a little heavy, but is as smooth as glass. After I wiped all the excess moly off, I spent 10 minuts scrubbing that nasty stuff off my hands. My new P-64 is now my favorite hideout/ backup gun. Thanks again for the info on this great forum. Ron :D
Foo Bird

Re: trouble in p64adise

Post by Foo Bird »

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your p-64. Working on them can be difficult, but ultimately it is worth it.