Marschal Grips

Info, pictures, advice...
mattwestm

Marschal Grips

Post by mattwestm »

Hi guys, new P-64 owner here. I love the gun, I just wish I had some wood grips to make it look nicer. I found Marschal Grips, but I don't like the ones that extend and cover part of the magazine on the bottom. Does anyone have pics with the short version of the grips? Actually, I'll take any pics of Marschal grips.

Thanks,
MW
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Marschal Grips

Post by mike1050 »

dennis does make them so they dont extend over the magazine. when you select the styles just pick short. here are the ones I just put on yesturday. I ordered them 2 months ago and yesturday they finally arrived. His grips are well worth the wait.
Attachments
p641-1.jpg
p641-1.jpg (2.47 KiB) Viewed 9951 times
robalan

Post by robalan »

mike1050 wrote:dennis does make them so they dont extend over the magazine. when you select the styles just pick short. here are the ones I just put on yesturday. I ordered them 2 months ago and yesturday they finally arrived. His grips are well worth the wait.
My grips just arrived. I may need to sand one side down a little on the inside lip to get it to fit. Did you need to do anything?
halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

robalan wrote:
mike1050 wrote:dennis does make them so they dont extend over the magazine. when you select the styles just pick short. here are the ones I just put on yesturday. I ordered them 2 months ago and yesturday they finally arrived. His grips are well worth the wait.
My grips just arrived. I may need to sand one side down a little on the inside lip to get it to fit. Did you need to do anything?
I had to do a little modifying to get mine to fit.. I just trimmed it up with the old pocket knife.
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

Mine went right on without any sanding.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

All I had was one little edge where the inside right grip where it fits the mag well. A little sliver with a razor blade, perfect. Let me add the mag/grip frame was not square on the inner edge, it had a raised burr about a half inch long, done in the manufacturing process. Wasn't Dennis's fault.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

some of the best grips around you cant go wrong
rcwilsonnc

Post by rcwilsonnc »

I am right handed and want to order some grips for a PA63 with a thumbrest. The thumbrest would be on the "left" grip of the set. So if I order the grips from Dennis' page "w/RH thumbrest" would I get what I need?
halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

rcwilsonnc wrote:I am right handed and want to order some grips for a PA63 with a thumbrest. The thumbrest would be on the "left" grip of the set. So if I order the grips from Dennis' page "w/RH thumbrest" would I get what I need?
I don't see why not.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Being LH handed I tend to dislike like thumbrests because they're made in most cases for a right hand world. Finger grooves ok', no thumb rests.
mattwestm

Post by mattwestm »

halljt3 wrote:Image
What type of wood and color did you order? I really like the light color!

MW
halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

its zebra wood and the finish is clear shellac.