P64 RANGE REPORT

Info, pictures, advice...
paddywonka

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by paddywonka »

Took my P64 to the range for the first time the other day. Ran Hornady HP,Fiocchi,Federal and Silver Bear through the gun. No failures to feed,eject or fire in over 200 rounds. The Silver Bear was the most accurate (and cheapist) by far. Replaced the springs,as recommended at this forum. With 6 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber,the resulsts were always the same. First double action shot,low and right, the rest dead on. The only thing,some times I shot twice in single action, the trigger took a little bit of getting used to. Much like a high priced target pistol. Surprising results for a little pistol with such short sight radius. Only complaint, stings the hand a bit. Would shoot 2 magazines,then shoot something else for a while. This little P64 easily out shoots all of my Walther PPs and PPks, as well as my Makarovs.
jbabbler

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by jbabbler »

Nice shooting. I love my little commie bastard and enjoy the heck out of shooting it. I was surprised to find that I can shoot my P64 more accurately and consistently than any other handgun I own. Any time I start thinking the P64 stings a little, I switch over to my PM40 and am reminded of what painful recoil feels like.
John has a long mustache
halljt3

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by halljt3 »

Good shooting keep it up
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by blinddog »

Great shooting and a lesson for others that the little pistole is just plain fine no matter what its put up against for ccw it works. Just as good if not better than the high dollar pistoles. Thanks for sharing the photo.
kurremkarm

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by kurremkarm »

I like everything about my p-64 except that it literally hurts my hand-- after i put 100 rounds through it I have a sore hand for a couple days. I actually have a callus on the web of my right thumb from shooting mine.

OTOH, if I had to use mine I am sure it would work. Small, reliable, accurate.
boomer

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by boomer »

Nice shooting. These little gems are tough as nails and small enough to hide anywhere and potent as can be. If you want a range version try the CZ 82!
paddywonka

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by paddywonka »

Found it is best to take at least one other pistol with you to the range. Shoot a magazine through the P64, than shoot something else and come back to it. Had no real hurt,and a lot more fun.
95south

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by 95south »

For those of you out there who enjoy the 9x18 round give the CZ-82 a try. They are easy to find, fairly cheap and shoot incredible...at least for me. Low recoil since it is heavier than a P-64. They have polygonal rifling so don't be alarmed if you get one and the rifling grooves aren't there. Also, locked and cocked carry if that's your thing.
7point62fmj

P64 RANGE REPORT

Post by 7point62fmj »

95south wrote:For those of you out there who enjoy the 9x18 round give the CZ-82 a try. They are easy to find, fairly cheap and shoot incredible...at least for me. Low recoil since it is heavier than a P-64. They have polygonal rifling so don't be alarmed if you get one and the rifling grooves aren't there. Also, locked and cocked carry if that's your thing.
They have C&R status.. OH you dont have a C&R permit..why not??
http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp