best prices online

Info, pictures, advice...
rockbottom12

best prices online

Post by rockbottom12 »

I think me and my brother are going to order a pair. That is if I can talk him into it. i fired roughly a dozen rounds through a friends. the 95 grain isnt bad but that 115gr is killer.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

best prices online

Post by normsutton »

rockbottom12

you shouldn't be shooting 115 grn bullet out of a P-64 or a PA-63 the gun's is not deigned for it no heaver than a 95 or a cast lead 100 grn

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
rockbottom12

best prices online

Post by rockbottom12 »

ok that is good to know. Thanks ill pass this along.
hairypolack

best prices online

Post by hairypolack »

My tax refund is scheduled to be deposited into my account tomorrow and I have a few contacts that I could call to get my hands on a P-64 (nothing illegal, both are gun shops) but I am wondering if I should just get one off J&G since I hear so much good things about the quality of the merchandise.

My question goes out to people who have ordered from J&G: How long did it take for the pistol to get to your FFL holder or you (if you have an FFL)?
weirdjack

best prices online

Post by weirdjack »

hairypolack wrote:My question goes out to people who have ordered from J&G: How long did it take for the pistol to get to your FFL holder or you (if you have an FFL)?
J&G processed and shipped my order out the day after I placed it.
They send pistols via 2-day shipping. I believe that's the law now.
So figure 4-5 business days from placing order to arrival at destination.
All this is assuming that your FFL is on file with them already. If not, it seems best to email the FFL sheet to them, then call and ask for Mike of internet sales to make sure he has received the email. I faxed one to them in December, called every day for 7 days, it never did get entered. Then I emailed one directly, called Mike to confirm receipt, and it was put in their system that day.
Jack
dwd

best prices online

Post by dwd »

I think that Auction Arms has a p-64 that is advertised as a Makarov. The price is right now, who knows in three days.
http://www.auctionarms.com/Search/Displ ... um=8988562
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
hairypolack

best prices online

Post by hairypolack »

Well I called all my contacts today and only one person had a P-64, but for some reason he thought that going DOWN to $240 was going to help him sell it to me. I'm just going to go through J&G to get one. I'm calling my favorite gun store tomorrow morning (which has a $25 transfer fee) and letting them know that I would like to have them transfer a firearm for me. I will be part of the club soon!
sdoyl123

best prices online

Post by sdoyl123 »

Just got mine from J&G. It is in great condition.
tommy2

best prices online

Post by tommy2 »

sdoyl123

How's the double action pull? I had to use both right and left trigger fingers to pull mine thru! I fixed it myself and it works fine now, around a 17 lb. pull, it was amost 30 lbs. when I received it! tommy2
hairypolack

best prices online

Post by hairypolack »

It seems my order is on hold indefinitely (or I am really impatient since I have been wanting a P-64 for some time now) from J&G. My gun shop mixed up two numbers I gave them in the fax number to send their FFL to J&G so I called them back up to give them the right number. Hopefully they got the FFL.
oppie

best prices online

Post by oppie »

dwd wrote:I think that Auction Arms has a p-64 that is advertised as a Makarov. The price is right now, who knows in three days.
http://www.auctionarms.com/Search/Displ ... um=8988562
Careful: I checked this out. No feedback on the seller, which itself doesn't mean too much by itself, BUT when you combine that with his "eBay" feedback and the link to eBay say User ID not known or not found it could be a problem. It's only a good deal if you get a gun in return...otherwise its just a steal in the traditional sense of the word.
tommy2

best prices online

Post by tommy2 »

hairypolack,

I had something like that happen between my dealer and J&G too. It took over a week to receive my P-64. It was well worth the wait though, as the 1976 one they sent (I paid $10 for 'hand select) is just like new, a Beauty for looks, but the D.A. pull was a 'brute', until I slowly ground some coils off the hammer spring. If any of you decide to do this, go SLOW, I had the spring off and on about 8 times! (see message to sdoyl123 above for results).. tommy2
olympus

best prices online

Post by olympus »

We need to see some pics of all the new members and their new P-64! ;D
bryno44

best prices online

Post by bryno44 »

Has anyone communicated with MCS Firearms lately? I e-mailed before Christmas and asked if he would be getting more P-64s and he answered positively yes, that they were good sellers and he would be receiving more. MCS Firearms has a very positive reputation with this message board and others, and the P-64s he sells have an extra magazine, heck of a deal for 160 + shipping. Hope this helps everybody out.
lagavulin62

best prices online

Post by lagavulin62 »

another vote for J & G. thats where I got mine and you can read my other posts for the range session. great gun and it took about 4-5 days. as long as J & G has them in stock I would not advise buying on the online auctions, it would seem almost impossible to beat that and you don't even know who you are buying from. of course if your buddy has one for you at a steal price take it. but we all know that only happens for junk guns.

hey bryno44 always looking for a new milsurp company. who is MCS?

mike