CZ 82 Recoil spring change

Use this section for all other firearms
breeze

Post by breeze »

Hello,

I just test fired my recently aquired CZ 82. I am thoroughly impressed with every thing about the gun. I love the ambidextrose safety and magazine catch....I am a southpaw....I wish someone would make a 1911 with those features, including the walther style double action...sort of like a CZ 75 in .45 acp.

I may sound like a wimp, but I get the feeling it may benifit from a stiffer recoil spring. The gun is larger and heavier than the p-64 and should be a little tamer to shoot. I also noticed that it is easier to rack than most blow-back pistols. I ordered a set of springs from Wolff. Has anyone else swapped springs? My worry is taking the beating off the gun more than my hands. I hate to think of the metal slamming to a stop every time it is shot.

This gun seems like it would like a nice parkerizing instead of the cheap paint.
whitewizard

Post by whitewizard »

I swapped out the original for a Wolff 18 lb. recoil spring.
It still throws empty cases about 15 feet, but the recoil is definitely tamer.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by martilyo »

I changed my springs too. The gun is very manageable because the grip fits your whole hand (unlike the P64). I enjoy shooting it far more than the P64.
It shoots fine with Wolf, Brown bear and Silver Bear (my favorite).
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

don't shoot woff ammo in these guns you will end up with a paper weight

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by martilyo »

Norm, what makes Wolf ammo problematic? Case, powder, Primer?
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Martilyo, it's kind'a all the above. I'm burning it in my two sks's and AMD-65. But, I use Silverbear, Fiocchi, Winchester for my p-64 for just gerneral plinking. The latter two for reloads, because all I've found in them is FMJ. I am now the proud owner of 150 rds of Hornandy, plus 1000 rds of Speer Gold dot. I'm set for a while. The russian stuff in general is dirty and non-re-loadable (berdan primed) to re load you want brass case and Boxer primed. A lot of the polish brothers trim 9x19 down to 9x18. There is plenty of info to be had, they're more than willing to share. Norm and Papabear, Gunnyrabbit, last but certainly not least is Dickfunk are the go to guys. When I grow up,that's who wanna' be. Just kidding. BTW Welcome.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Wolf ammunition has a colorful reputation of leaving some pistole's in less than working order, ergo paper weights. Some where hear at the forum there are photo's of a newly created paper weight ala Wolf ammunition. I've seen three or four of these over the years at different gun forums and there is no recourse!

However, there is no way to tell what kind of treatment the pistole's were getting prior to loading the FMJ Wolf ammunition. I've heard its not to smart to lead up a barrel then shoot FMJ loads through them, kind of like playing Russian roulette, you never know when things will go pop!.
G.R.
guydeloimbard

Post by guydeloimbard »

I also run a CZ-82 with an 18lb recoil spring. It is still brisk, but no longer a slap in the hand.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Martilyo wrote:Norm, what makes Wolf ammo problematic? Case, powder, Primer?
Martilyo

powder, Primer's , and bullets over 95 grns

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
mikeh1

Post by mikeh1 »

Martilyo wrote:Norm, what makes Wolf ammo problematic? Case, powder, Primer?
is the Wolf Military Classic also not recommended? I've had trouble with Wolf Black Box in 7.62x54R being CORROSIVE and sticking on eject, so I know Black Box is bad.

Military Classic is the only brand I can get locally other than Winchester at $25 a box or more.
hardcorekeith

Post by hardcorekeith »

I guess I'm used to it, but I had a coworker shoot my CZ82 and he shot an excellent quarter-sized group. "But oof, that blowback recoil..." he lamented.