P64 nice gun

Info, pictures, advice...
deboog93

P64 nice gun

Post by deboog93 »

I recently picked up a p64 to replace my feg 32 auto I had been using as my carry gun. After reading several posts was worried about the little gun having bad recoil. My friend has a feg 9 x 18 and it has a nice little kick to it. Finally got to take mine out to the range and was very pleasantly surprised by the lack of sharp recoil for such a small gun. My only regret was that I did not have more ammo to put down range with it. Curious about something though it seems as if my gun has a very light trigger pull on follow up shots. Has anyone else experienced that as well. Really does not matter to me my CCW instructor told us to fire in groups of three anyway so this just makes the followup shot easier to pull off. Mt gun is the 1974 variety picked up from a nice pawn shop out west. It came with two mags, booklet, and gun lock all for 199 shipped. Was going to make the mistake of buying a J&G sales gun until I found this guy. thanks
olympus

P64 nice gun

Post by olympus »

Sounds like you really got a good deal. Those kind of deals are getting more and more scarce...at least in my neck of the woods.
torpeau

P64 nice gun

Post by torpeau »

deboog93 wrote:After reading several posts was worried about the little gun having bad recoil.
I really like my P-64s, but they're relatively light weight and their small size means there's less of them to grip. That means the part of your hand in contact with the pistol absorbs more of a jolt. If the grips were bigger that force would be better distributed. The recoil isn't bad, but I don't like to fire more than 50 rounds per visit to the range.

I have a 9mm MAB P-15 that people call heavy. The standard 15 rnd magazine means there is a lot to hold on to. I can fire that rapidly and it's much easier on my hands than a small, light pistol.
Last edited by torpeau on December 13th, 2008, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

P64 nice gun

Post by grayfox »

deboog93 wrote:I recently picked up a p64 to replace my feg 32 auto I had been using as my carry gun. After reading several posts was worried about the little gun having bad recoil. My friend has a feg 9 x 18 and it has a nice little kick to it. Finally got to take mine out to the range and was very pleasantly surprised by the lack of sharp recoil for such a small gun. My only regret was that I did not have more ammo to put down range with it. Curious about something though it seems as if my gun has a very light trigger pull on follow up shots. Has anyone else experienced that as well. Really does not matter to me my CCW instructor told us to fire in groups of three anyway so this just makes the followup shot easier to pull off. Mt gun is the 1974 variety picked up from a nice pawn shop out west. It came with two mags, booklet, and gun lock all for 199 shipped. Was going to make the mistake of buying a J&G sales gun until I found this guy. thanks
First off, glad your here & a great buy. The light trigger pull is normal, you will get use to it. At first, I'd fire a rd & the way I would grab the trigger, the second shot would go off before I was ready. But after putting a lot of rds down range, its my Fav CCW piece. Good luck...
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

P64 nice gun

Post by blinddog »

My follow up trigger pulls are super light, wind blew hard one day and three shots went off!!!( not true) But, the pull is light for sure.

blinddog