Who has a chromed P-64?

Info, pictures, advice...
newgunner

Who has a chromed P-64?

Post by newgunner »

Who has purchased a chromed P-64 from Classic Arms? Let me know what you think about them if you've got one.

How is the quality of the hard chrome? I'm getting the urge to order one of them for a safe queen.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Who has a chromed P-64?

Post by abwehr »

I don't have a chrome P-64, but Classic Arms has always been a good dealer for me!
warthog

Who has a chromed P-64?

Post by warthog »

My chrome one is really nice. My camera is on the frits or I would post a pic.
The chroming is really nice and uniform.
I should be able to polish the thing so bright you won't be able to look directly at it in the light. :o

Should look good with the hot pink grips I ordered from Zeeborg. ;)
warthog

Who has a chromed P-64?

Post by warthog »

I put a 16 lb spring in it and it is one smooth piece!
kempin

Who has a chromed P-64?

Post by kempin »

Does anyone know more specifically how that chroming process works? Specifically, how much do they heat the metal in order to chrome it?

Hard chrome is extremely durable and would be an excellent modification for a outdoors/heavy use firearm--especially at the price they are apparently doing it at Classic Arms. Wouldn't mind one of those chrome m-38s as an all weather hunter/beater. (plus they look really cool.)

My only concern is the heat involved in the process, particularly on the rifles. I am not a metallurgist, but I know that too much heat can affect the temper of the steel. Wouldn't want to have 50,000 cup in a weakened chamber four inches from my eye--but then again, I am fairly ignorant. Does anyone know how the process works?

(Definitely no worries about the p-64, though, since the chrome is on the slide and not the chamber.)

Am I just paranoid?

-Kempin