Oh-Boy! My New Toy (P6/P-225)

Use this section for all other firearms
commandercob

Post by commandercob »

And I'm proud. A gift actually, she came from CDNN.

Last edited by commandercob on March 19th, 2008, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Very nice! Keep us informed on how she does. :)
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Is that one of the P-225's from SOG, buddy you are going to love your new SIG, congratulations.
G.R. :)
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

Ive got one of those on order, I hope mine looks as good as yours!!
commandercob

Post by commandercob »

Four of these guns were ordered, 3 very good-excellent, and 1 excellent (unfired). My only advice is ignore the extra charge for excellent, they've all been fired. That being said, all four were in wonderful condition, with mine being the only gun that looks like it had a little bump with the concrete (right side, just below the barrel).

All barrels look perfect, and I think (unprofessional opinion) that each gun has new springs.

Only sad part is the import mark from P.W. Arms Richmond, VA. Looks horrible! Scratched into that pretty new paint job. Actually unreadable from certain angles.

Came well lubed, but in a terrible blue Sig case with absolutely no padding or protection. If you get a choice between case or magazine, take the dang magazine because the case is worthless and mags are sold out everywhere.

I'll try and get some shootin' pics up soon.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Commander...a little buffing or grinding depending how bad and a touch up marker...no one will ever know!!

Looks great, I'm jealous...RANGE REPORT!!! ;D
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Can't wait for the pics :)
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Did I miss something? ??? Aren't those pics of your new pistol above?!?
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

I've been waiting for mine from centerfire since late January.....I hope the wait is worth it! Yours looks superb.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Dan...may I ask what you ended up paying...I recall you mentioned that you actually offered a little less than the list price when you called and they accepted. Wondering because I just found out I may be able to order on in Mass after all but the prices seem to vary on the web.

I need to send CDNN my C&R to sign up and see their dealer pricing.
Last edited by carguy on March 11th, 2008, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commandercob

Post by commandercob »

This particular P-6 was $300. A bit higher than I had looked at from AIM, but at least it was in stock. Only came with one magazine though, and they're getting tough to find.

I do have one huge request.... does anyone know where I can find wood grips? Some famous German grip comapany makes some real beauties, and they are priced accordingly ($150) http://mactec-militaryarms.com/ss0358.html

Does the famous Dennis have a website? They must be out there somewhere...
Last edited by commandercob on March 12th, 2008, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

Carguy,

I paid $249 for mine. A guy on the sig forum told everybody who to ask for at centerfire. I did, she laughed, and said OK. It just ticks me off that Centerfire has had these shown since early January, and they're still not in stock to ship. AIM didn't even list theirs until the first week of February.....and AIM customers were receiving theirs over A WEEK AGO :(

Commandercob,

Sile made grips for the P6/225. There are two variations of the pistol, the US model and the European model. The European model has a heal mag release, while the US model has a button. I know, I know....these are German LE and Military pistols....why do they have a button as opposed to the heal release????

I don't know. But, Numrich HAD the grips to fit your gun with the button, but sold out in late December/early January. Too bad, they were walnut checkered grips for $25!!!! They had the pic with a "sold out" label for a couple of weeks, but now they have taken that model off their website completely. So, I'd say they were NOS, and Sile no longer makes them.

The German grips you are referring to are Nill grips, and yes.....they are ridiculously expensive. I emailed Dennis about a month and a half ago to ask if he'd consider making some. If he could sell them for even $50 or $60, he'd have a monopoly. He still hasn't returned my email....but I know he's a busy new dad.

There is a guy on the Sig forum that bought some of the European model Sile grips from Numrich and did some minor surgery on them to make them work.....and they actually look damn good. I have been meaning to send him a message to see how difficult they are to fit....but I just haven't as of yet.

Here are the Sile grips:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp ... erSKU=&MC=

Here's the guy's handiwork from the Sig forum:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/ ... 6341082711
Last edited by volfandan on March 12th, 2008, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electross

Post by electross »

Just ordered my grips from Numrich. I'm going to have to make them work. I've looked around and grips for a P6 are available but not without a hefty price. 25 bucks works for me and I'll break out the Dremel tool and get them to fit. I bought a P6 from Aim. Had a little more holster wear than I would have liked but the pistol really shoots great. I purchased mine for a little more money than they are asking now. Paid over three hundred for it. :'( Called them and they told me they found a better importer, bought more of them , so they got a better deal. Story of my life. :( Still got a good pistol.
commandercob

Post by commandercob »

Volfandan,

Thanks for the grip info. I've seen some of the Nill grips up close, and they are beauties, but not for half the gun's value.

Along with Electross I think my best bet is Numrich with dremmel in hand.

Made it to the range too, and this Sig happily eats up Winchester whitebox 115 gr. (WalMart specials). Very accurate out of box. I thought it might be shooting high and to the left, but then the RSO came over and shot an awesome group. I'm happy to know this gun can shoot better than me. P.S. Range pictures still coming soon
electross

Post by electross »

commandercob,
Glad you like your P6, they are fun to shoot. From the photo's your slide is showing less holster wear than mine. Good deal.
I'm waiting for the grips from Numrich, I don't think there will be much to rounding out a spot for the mag release. Hoping the screws reach ok. The thing just has a nice feel in my hand. Slim profile due to the single stack mag makes a difference. I have a much newer P226 .40 S&W and the grip feels good for a WIDE grip but the P6 is better for me. So far I have not experienced any failures. I have not shot any hollow point stuff out of it but have heard the P6 will get finicky with some types, just rumors but we will have fun proving it one way or the other.
Sig has an armorer's dvd to help with the breakdown of the slide and other parts of the pistol. Haven't done it yet but it looks like it could be a real booger if you even have to break it down that far. You have a nice P6, enjoy.