What's going on?

Info, pictures, advice...
cz83

What's going on?

Post by cz83 »

I went to the gunshow this last Saturday. I was looking for a 2nd P-64 but when I saw the prices it was around $199 to $239. What's going on here? Rant off!
Last edited by cz83 on February 6th, 2006, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

What's going on?

Post by abwehr »

Looks like it is "Happening"! The dreaded day of PRICE INCREASES for the P-64. I have seen the beggining of it at a dealer near my project site. The price was $225 for a P-64 and I refused to pay that much for one I wanted. I did find it a week later at a local gun show for $165 (paid $150 for my first one). I am on the lookout for a 1971 or 1972 and a gun show that is coming up in 2 weeks may hold my prize at a decent price.

Seriously, the P-64s are showing the beginnings of drying up at the low prices we have seen. The major distributors are close to being out and just like the E. German Makarov, the P-64 WILL increase in value! I don't mind increasing in value, but I want to buy them at the low price first, LOL! This pistol has been undervalued all along in my opinion, but comparable to the Makarovs when they were in full supply. The E.German Mak is selling in the $300-350 range and the Bugarian Maks are in the $200+ range now (I know, you can find some good deals sometime). I bought my E. German Mak for $135 and my Bulgarian for $145, so the Maks are increasing in price.

Any P-64 for $150 or less should be bought NOW if you like this pistol and want a good investment!
fjblackesq

What's going on?

Post by fjblackesq »

investment????? if you want to invest buy Uncle Sams E-Bonds. I bought my P64S for pride of possession and to shoot and CCW, and workmanship, and whatevere. But as an investment ---never!!!!!
nimble1

What's going on?

Post by nimble1 »

I was planning on getting another at the upcoming Ft.Myers show..If I see one at a good price I will snap it up.
fjblackesq

What's going on?

Post by fjblackesq »

nimble 1: When iks the next Ft. Myers (FLA) gun show?????
warthog

What's going on?

Post by warthog »

I have four of them now. I did buy a couple extra for investment value.
I have to admit though, I just bought one of Classic Arms hard chrome ones.
I usually don't like that sort of thing but I thought these looked good chrome.
I am also goning to get me one of the Star Mdl B's in chrome.
PIMP DADDY!

I will post pix of it with zee's hot pink grips as soon as I get everything put together. ;)
Last edited by warthog on February 6th, 2006, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nimble1

What's going on?

Post by nimble1 »

I believe the next show is Feb. 18/19.