P-64 maybe problem?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
doug68

P-64 maybe problem?

Post by doug68 »

Been shooting my p-64 a little more, pretty accurate and dependable so far.

Having said that I notice my slide will not return to full lockup if I ease the slide up, it requires a little nudge otherwise a 1/4 of the barrel sticks out of the muzzle.

I have no other p-64 to compare to and don't know if this is normal. If I release the slide without easing it up it locks up fine or while firing there is no problem (I guess the slide has sufficient momentum to lock then.

Could this mean my recoil spring is weak?

Doug
duhawki647

P-64 maybe problem?

Post by duhawki647 »

Your P-64 is perfectly normal. Most semi auto pistols are designed to use the momentum of the slide to chamber a round and still have enough speed to move into full battery. If you ease the slide towards battery, the spring force alone ought not to be enough; so, the slide stops short of battery.
Duhawki
talon

P-64 maybe problem?

Post by talon »

Hello Doug68,

**IF** I might add, make sure you are not depending on the oil substance that was on the pistol when you bought it for lube purposes. Its just a preservative.

Add a little Breakfree etc here and there and maybe a little bit of grease.

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
doug68

P-64 maybe problem?

Post by doug68 »

Okay. Just making sure it was normal. I already cleaned the preservative off and reoiled. Since it functions just fine ill worry no more.

Actually I am thinking of buying another pistol. One to carry and another to keep for a collector 8-)