Cheap Slip on Grip

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
onapar

Cheap Slip on Grip

Post by onapar »

This was- not- my idea I read it somewhere here in the forum .
I went to my local bike shop and bought a four dollar inner tube size 1.50 -2.25 cut a piece and turned it inside out,trimmed the top at a slight angle and then slipped it on my p-64. Trimmed the bottom and wound up with a really nice grip with a softer feel and hardly any bulk. One could make a whole lot of grip sleeves for four bucks. :)
butch50

Cheap Slip on Grip

Post by butch50 »

I like the idea, I also like the idea of a rubber slip on grip. I am thinking though that since I carry in my front pocket, that the rubber might "grab" on the inside of the pocket when pulling it out. Anyone with experience with this?
cruiser

Cheap Slip on Grip

Post by cruiser »

Next time ask for a discarded bike tube, they always have some in the trash and they are Free! This only works at a real bike repair shop, not Wally World or etc.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Cheap Slip on Grip

Post by dolang1 »

Thanks for the tip. I cracked a grip, glued it with Gorilla glue, then covered it with a bike tube when it was dry. I shot 50 rounds thru it today. Incidently, I didn't qualify for the Polish army, but the grips held up and I like the feel.
fjblackesq

Cheap Slip on Grip

Post by fjblackesq »

I tried the used innertube grip- cover trick and it works just fine. The tip about asking for a salvage tube is correct. This real bike repair shop guy dumpster dived to get me one .