Wolffe Springs arrived today

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
triehl27

Post by triehl27 »

Well I ordered 5 of the PPK spring calibration kits to try out several for mine and friend P64's. I ordered on tuesday recieved them today saturday.

I got the standard kit with 16,17,18,19# springs, I kinda wished I had swapped out the 19 for a 14# to try. Will probablly get the swap done tonight when I get home from work. Hopefully I can get some proper range ammo. They don't like Wolf.

I'll post my results.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

One of our other member, "onmopar" tried the 16# and found the P-64 worked great. Then he switched out to the 14# spring and it funtioned perfectly too. Sounds like Wolff can use the springs they already have for the P-64. Since Wolff has stated that they are working on a spring set dedicated to the P-64, it will be intetesting to see what the spring experts come up with. Hopefully they will have the dedicated springs shortly!
triehl27

Post by triehl27 »

Well I got the 16# spring in. Really was theoratically simple. But I had trouble with lining up the mounnting holes for the magazine release.

Now I wish I had gotten only 2 16# springs and 2 14# springs. in stead of 16,17,18,19. Kinda pointless to have the others.

I wonder if wolff would extange them?

Ok back on topic

Trigger Pull is Greatly improved much closer to a worn in Mak, DA is managable with one hand and SA is smoother then any makarov trigger. It still sends brass a country mile but it definetly ejects everything.

DA is not too light as to worry about carring it loaded, and single action is now much different except that it is a TON smoother. maybe a 1/4# lighter with a much reduced "Hitch" in the pull. As far as I am concerned you wouldn't want a much stiffer spring I think it's almost perfect.

My best friend wouldn't believe it was the same gun. She couldn't even pull the DA stock. Now she can with one hand although tough she can do it. She'd love it lighter but can't believe the difference a spring makes.

Overall the spring swap is a MUST if you want a useable Double action.
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

I got a 16# PPK hammer spring from Cruiser. It came today and I installed it on my P-64 tonight in about ten minutes (even counting time spent looking for the spring after it went into orbit...). I am astounded at the difference it makes. It is like having a brand new gun.

Before the DA pull was heavy and difficult. It is still heavier than I care for (to be fair, I don't usually care for the DA pull on any gun...), but it is so much better than before. It like night to day!

Wow! Thank you all for your help.
lkhill

Post by lkhill »

Followed the advice of the forum and ordered the wolff springs. Just have one question for all of you. I am guessing you have to cut the spring down a little. Am I right?
nimble1

Post by nimble1 »

No, the Wolff springs are a direct replacement.
lkhill

Post by lkhill »

Well the Walter springs they sent me are all much longer than the one that was in the gun. Unless someone cut down the factory spring. Any help please...
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

LK, don't worry about the length. The wire is a lighter gauge, and they will work as advertised. I've even seen two 16# springs of different lengths. Different lots sometimes are of a different gauge wire. They are tested for wt. before packaging.
Just install it as directed on this board, and DO NOT CUT. Length doesn't matter.
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

I got two 16# springs, somehow got one into my P64; however the seco0nd one wasw a complete failure... I am unable to compress the new spring(16#) for a fit and alighn the holes. Now I can't even get the OEM spring bvack on. HELP SOMEONE, HELP, WHAT AM i DOING WRONG.