Replacement Recoil Spring

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

I noticed when I fire my P-64, that it throws the brass (steel? I've been using Wolf brand ammo...) eight to ten feet and sometimes farther. So, I ordered a replacement Recoil Spring from a seller on Ebay (http://tinyurl.com/cm3gu).

When the replacement Recoil Spring came today, I measured it against the one that was original with the gun. The new spring is a full coil longer. I'll try to give you guys a report in a few days whether it makes much difference in felt recoil and in scattering brass.
nimble1

Post by nimble1 »

Shouldn't be any difference. I'll be willing to bet that this spring came right out of a working 64. Why are you concerned about where the brass goes?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Shouldn't be any difference. I'll be willing to bet that this spring came right out of a working 64. Why are you concerned about where the brass goes?
I would think this to be true as well. Also, there are NO makers of improved or different weight recoil springs for our 64 as of yet, so I would be weary of installing it. Wolff is hearing us and will probably venture down that road at some point. Be careful.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

The Ebay seller just took another P-64 apart, and is tring to get rich quick. Roughly $300+ worth of listings, and that doesn't include the frame.
The recoil spring should be OK, but the long case throws are here to stay, at least until Wollf perfects a real replacement.
Noticed that the grips he has are the thumbrest, too.