Grip Screws - Where can I get?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
excalibur

Post by excalibur »

Anyone have a source for grip screws?

The nut end of my screw came off sometime when I was shooting my gun for the first time. It's a real bummer as I didn't discover it missing until I got home. :(

Word of advice: tighten up the screws when you first get your gun!!!!!!

Any help is appreciated
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Since these are real new imports, parts guys aren't geared up yet, but there is a guy on EBAY who tears them apart, one at a time, and will do for your screw. Link is on our site somewhere, but if you go to Ebay and type in P-64 Gun Parts, into the search box, that should get you there.
Found it:http://stores.ebay.com/GUNSURPLUSPARTS
Good luck.
Last edited by b52stan on January 12th, 2006, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raypol

Post by raypol »

Actually, it might be a good idea to glue the grip nut to the grip so it can't fall off. If you over tighten you can crack the grips which is worse than losing the nut.

jpb
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

"justplainbill" has a good point with gluing the nut in place! When I take the grips off mine, I am VERY carefull to watch the nut.

I have a Walther G-22 bullpup type .22 cal rifle. This rifle is great fun to plink with and looks neat, but when you clean the rifle, there are two VERY small spring that can get lost easy. One of the is so small, I can see where it is suppsed to land on the cleaning mat, but I can't find it! This is a bad design to me, but at at least the springs are in stock so I keep several just in case. So far, I have lost two of them! With the P-64 nut, we can't get spares, so be careful guys!
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Blue Loc-Tite those screws.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Wonder if taking the screw to Ace hardware, or similar place, wouldn't be worth a try to match the nut. If you found one that would work, you could always blue it.
raypol

Post by raypol »

Here in Houston the Sears Hardware stores have a good selection of metric screws and nuts. They might have one that the threads are right on but you would have to shape it up a bit to go in the round relief in the grip. Another place might be a clock shop. Think repair of small imported mechanical stuff.
Better yet, be careful and don't drop the nut.
jpb