WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
lfr5007

Post by lfr5007 »

Hello everyone. I am bought my p64 from J&G a few months back and was looking around the web so some info just in case anything would ever happen to my little pistol. I have to say I own a number of firearms in calibers from 22 on up and I really enjoy shooting my P64. I even have my faher now looking to buy one. And he is a hardcore 1911 fanatic.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

ifr5007,

Glad to have ya with us. I'm a old 1911 guy myself and I have had my share of P-64's sill do, and I keep one loaded around the house all the time plus carry it a lot in the warmer weather.

Warnning: They Grow In The Dark, I started out with one and next thing I knew I had 5.
POINT SHOOTER
brock123

Post by brock123 »

Figured I probably ought to post in here since I have been coming to the forum at least once a day for a few weeks. I have 2 p-64s and a pile of other guns. I don't collect firearms but I make sure that I have one gun for every purpose mostly hunting and a little pinking. I have had a CCW for 5 years but I am just starting to carry some. Currently I am a program manger up until a month ago I was a computer programmer.
Last edited by brock123 on February 5th, 2010, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stentheawesome

Post by stentheawesome »

Hey all,

I bought my first P64 the other week. I'm looking forward to shooting and hopefully carrying this gun.

I go to school at UNC and am probably one of 5 people who understand gun ownership is prevalent among demographics other than domestic terrorists and criminals...
mvelimir

Post by mvelimir »

Hello and greetings to all!

I'm a new member from Jax, FL. Just ordered my P64 from AIM Surplus and eagerly awaiting for it to arrive. :D

I also own CZ-82 and new CZ P-07 Duty that I adore. P64 should be my carry gun, since I live in Florida and it is hard for me to conceal even CZ-82.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I joined a couple days ago. About two weeks ago my wife and I were at Gander Mtn. in Wichita, KS when she saw the P-64 on sale for $199.99. I sure did eye it since that was a pretty decent price. Needless to say, I gave in and bought it, for my birthday ;). I joined this group to be able to see all the information I could find on it. I feel very informed now, there's not much to these little pistols other than you can't find parts for them. I find that kind of odd.

I am a Staff Sergeant in the US Air Force. Been in for about 5 years and 5 months. I will be getting out in September this year. Just not my cup of tea. Has allowed me to meet a lot of cool people and saw cool places and places I never want to go to again. During my last deployment May'09 - Sep'09 to Kyrgyzstan I was convinced by a friend to buy a gun that shot the 7.62x25mm round since it's so cheap. So, I picked up a CZ-52. I like it, but I haven't got to shoot it much. I think it's a pretty attractive gun.

I like to do fly tying, bullet casting for my muzzleloaders, hunt, fish, camp, and just about anything else outdoors. I don't have much of a liking for TV, I get antsy if I sit around too long. Also like to play guitar.

1931 Mosin 91/30 I sporterized:

9-pt buck I shot in Missouri Nov. '09:

My 1972 P-64:

Enhanced the front sight using model car paint. White base coat, followed by fluorescent orange:
It's kind of a poor picture, digital cameras never take pictures quite right.

1954 CZ-52:

Well, that's pretty much it.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
ajack2aking

Post by ajack2aking »

Hi,
I live in beautiful Buckeye, AZ and have had my P64 for about 4 years as my ccw piece. I love the pistol, in spite of its snappiness.
Great to have a gun so concealable.
Last edited by ajack2aking on February 17th, 2010, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jglass4763

Post by jglass4763 »

I live in Asheboro, NC, and bought my P64 on Friday (2\20
10).
buds

Post by buds »

I've been visiting the forum since I got my first P-64 in December. It's my first 9x18 gun, but I love it! I've put 200 rounds through it without a hiccup. Finally joined forum today.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

buds wrote:I've been visiting the forum since I got my first P-64 in December. It's my first 9x18 gun, but I love it! I've put 200 rounds through it without a hiccup. Finally joined forum today.
Welcome buds!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
mitski

Post by mitski »

HELLO to one and all!

New member here and just wanted to introduce myself. Visited a few times and just picked up my first P-64. :) I'm looking forward to learning more about these weapons from a great forum! Just wanted to say hello to dom, he kinda sent me this way. THANKS DOM! Spend a lot of my time over at Surplus Rifle, but it doesn't hurt to branch out a bit. As my user name indicates I am a SKI, so naturally I'm interested in Polish firerarms. Look forward to getting to know other members.

Regards,

Ski
dom

Post by dom »

Hey Ski- Welcome to the forum, we're glad you joined up!
Great bunch of guys here and a ton of info.
How 'bout some pics of your new P-64?
texhealer

Post by texhealer »

Hi all, this is really a great site. I was perfectly happy just lurking and soaking up all the free info till I found out that there are certain areas that are not accessible until you post a few times.

I was raised in northern Maine, now I'm just outside of Abilene Texas. At 50 years old I don't really remember not having something for a gun. Not a big collector or hunter, just love shooting and feel safer armed.

Don't hate me, but I had a client give me a P-64 last week, He claims to have bought it "New/Unfired" (and it certainly looks like it) He went to the range had a FTF and wanted nothing more to do with it.

I checked it out and went to the range and put 20 rounds through it just to see if it was worth messing with( IT is :P) then started researching. It was 35 and windy or I would have shot a little more.

When he handed me the case, pistol, Military holster, cleaning rod, manual, and shells, he said "It's brand new all I shot was what's missing from that box of shells," There were 14 shells missing.

After I tweak it a little, break it in, springs and such, I think it is quite Ironic that it will replace my Norinco Tokarev as a CCW.

Anyway thanks for all the hard work keeping this site going, you guys have saved me a bunch of time and probably $$$ as well.

Bret
dom

Post by dom »

Bret- Welcome to the forum.
If you ever travel south about 100 miles to San Angelo, drop me a pm and we'll head to the range for some fun.
crispy15

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by crispy15 »

Hey ya'll checking in from San Antonio. Just picked up a P-64 last weekend at the Saxet Gun show here. Put about 150 rounds through it last weekend as was very surprised that I was more accurate with it than with my Sig! I'm glad to have found an awesome board for an obscure gun like this.

Chris