Dennis Grips, which wood?

Info, pictures, advice...
ourbigbluehouse

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

Thanks. They really look nice. How do they feel while shooting as compared to the generic original equipment?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

ourbigbluehouse

I like the feel of wood better than plastic
and the wood seems to help with recoil

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

So what do you think?
What affect does (excess) gun lubricant have on wood grips? Other than looks, are some woods more durable than others when used as grips? I had a grip from another manufacturer split when shooting (not a P-64), but the manufacturer volunteered to replace it.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
manwithagun

Post by manwithagun »

I just received my grips from Dennis yesterday (Monday, 9-24) and put them on my P-64. I was torn between the red wattle and Zebrawood. I finally settled on the Zebrawood because I figured it would be a more exotic, less commonplace look. It definitely does! I will post a pictures shortly. I still like the red wattle and may have to get a secondary pair in the future...
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

I just received (yesterday) a pair of smooth, light wattle grips from Dennis. They are kind of "blonde"-looking and I think they look great on the slightly "plum" slide on my P-64. Frankly, it looks like a whole new pistol after replacing those black plastic grips. I am really pleased.

One question... since Dennis's grips are wider than the old plastic ones, the bolt that runs through to hold the grips is not long enough to use the original round nut on the side. It's not needed, as Dennis has a threaded insert on that side of the grip, but I am wondering if anyone else has this issue and if you have come up with a clever (good looking) way to cover that threaded insert?
protector

Post by protector »

The insert he uses is aluminum,if you want it black Birchwood Casey make a small bottle of (aluminum black)like gun blue(Black)for aluminum parts,check it out at [url=http://www.brownells.com,hope]www.brownells.com,hope[/url] this helps!!
Aim small,hit small...
stibnite

Post by stibnite »

The insert he uses is aluminum,if you want it black Birchwood Casey make a small bottle of (aluminum black)like gun blue(Black)for aluminum parts,check it out at [url=http://www.brownells.com,hope]www.brownells.com,hope[/url] this helps!!
Hey, this is a good idea! Have you done this, can you show some pics?

stib