truth,

POINT SHOOTER
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Real Clothes Flesh and Bone??

Post by nbender »

HAH!

I think that hairdo is beyond reproducibility!
Last edited by nbender on March 24th, 2007, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

Is'nt that a MMMMMax Headroom hairdo? :)
Last edited by redfestiva on March 24th, 2007, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
truth

Post by truth »

If you had no thoughts on the effects of this round, How would you know what gun to buy for protection?? How would you know which gun to take deer hunting or duck hunting?? Would you grab your 22 to hunt dove??What is so bizarre about wanting to know the effects of this round, the hell with ballistics. Sorry, But you guys sure are sensitive!!!
robertwilliam

Post by robertwilliam »

I believe the point of the line of question is not just morbid curiosity, rather what can we expect the weapon and round we have chosen to stake our lives upon do in a time of need? I for one do not carry a pistol for the sake of carrying it; it has a specific job. That would be to keep some misguided schlub for killing me or my wife. I do everything in my power to stay out of those types of situations but, Lord forbid, if that situation ever comes to me I must have faith in my ability to vanquish my foe.
This is why we need to know what our weapons and ammo are capable of accomplishing.
You may not be interested in crime but crime is interested in you.
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

And there is nothing with that !
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

I wanted to say , nothing wrong with that...
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

I can not imagine anyone of us to go on the street and waste somebody just to see how much of blood and brains is gushing out of somebodys head...
I do not think that is the point of this topic...
I do like a nice looking gun that is a fact, yet I am not packing a weapon in my pocket to stop peaple on the sreet and say: hey would you like to see this beautiful gun of mine...do not worry is empty..I just carry it because I like how smooth it feels.go ahead try it..
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

....lots of typos this morning.. maybe I need those prescribed meds after all..l...
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

zbysiu23,
As I understand it , the state of Illinois has no provision for legal conceal or carry of a firearm by a citizen. That doesnt mean it doesnt happen but I'm just wondering if they'd changed the law?
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

That is correct..
You are breaking the law when packing your gun.. there is no permit in Illinois and actually thigs are much worse..there is a whole bunch of towns and cities that the citizens can not own a handgun...good example would be Chicago... there is a lot suburban towns that prohibit weapons ...basically as a gun owner you are discriminated and gotta watch where you move... it is a shame..
People carry and pack and it is illegal as much as for an average citizen as for a peace officer of duty...One can transfer a gun from the range to home or ferom work if you work with the gun.... it has to be unloaded in the trunk...as much those laws can be streached.. that is up to you and whoever would be checking it...
In general Illinois suck !!!
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

Well, to address the point--one noted author has pointed out, the only "proven manstopper" among semi-auto rounds is the .45 acp--as another poster has pointed out, a .22 that slices the aorta can drop a man right on the spot. Anything in between can be counted on to distract, disable, or kill an assailant if reasonably well-placed, and not otherwise. I think that's all I need to know. The best rule I've heard yet is, pack the biggest caliber you can shoot well, that's the best you can do. For me, the 9x18 Mak fits that bill best so far..
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

It really doesn't matter what you carry, as long as you carry. The bottom line is do you have the nerve to shoot someone, without blinking, without worry about being sued, ect. If you blink, and you are up against me, you dead. I carried for 22yrs as an LEO, still am an armed guard. Mindset is more powerful than the bullet. When I worked homicide, I have seen people killed with every cal. you can think of.
Yes Truth, the 9x18 will kill if you place it right, as I said before, its more powerful than a 380. If you need to see what a bullet will do, go see the the guy at the morge. Its not fun having to shoot someone, carry what you can shoot good with, forget the cal. bullet. I believe it was Bill Jordan that said " A 22 in the eye is better than a .45 miss".
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

Amen !!!
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

grayfox

You are so on target. Carry what you are comfortable and practiced with. Mindset and bullet placement are more important than brand name or caliber.