Virginia Tech Shooting

Info, pictures, advice...
redfestiva

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by redfestiva »

Unfortunately here we go again. These incidents seem to be getting close together. At the time I write this they are saying 22 dead, 28 wounded but it is way early to say. They report the shooter is dead, not sure how yet. They say it is an asian man of college age.I crindge to hear these stories knowing it doesnt do anything but fuel gun control. This one will probably break record numbers if the reports are correct. What an awfull tradgedy and waste of young life. :(
Last edited by redfestiva on April 16th, 2007, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by trent »

none of the news channels are reporting on anything else but this, it truly is a tragedy.

Not to sound crazy but in response to what you said about gun control, this actually should show that qualified and trained volunteers in the student body should be allowed to carry. Obviously the campus police are too few and far between to actually make a difference. Heck they can't even stop speeders at my school. Imagine how different those numbers would be if the shooter was met early with resistance from a qualified shooter.
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by rlj102468 »

In Tampa we had a guy, who just happened to bail out of jail a couple of weeks ago for 3 counts of attempted murder, go into a local range to rent a handgun to steal and commit suicide with. He ended up taking 5 hostages and finally offing himself. The press is already talking about how easy it is to rent a gun and do things like this, so I'm sure the county and state will be passing more laws to control guns insted of ciminals. God be with all those touched in the Va. Tech shooting.

C-Ya, Bobby J.
redfestiva

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by redfestiva »

Trent,
I cound'nt agree more but I have already heard news slants towards "where did he get the guns/ammo" what can be done to prevent access to weapons so these tragedies can be prevented", so on and so on. There are already sensible gun laws in place and they did not stop this and won't stop any determined madman. If there were no guns at all why not just become a suicide bomber. Madman shooters such as this one usually count on dying in the end anyway so a suicide bomber would have the same effect "body count and then perpitrater dead". With the population of the country there is simply no way to insure someone somewhere won't snap and go on a homicidal rampage.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by himmel »

In the UK, "asian" is mediaspeak for Pakistani (ie Muslim)--I wonder if that's what's going on here.. BTW if I recall right, the UT tower shooting that helped bring about the 1968 gun control laws was either stopped or interrupted by a couple of armed citizens on the campus--but you can see that that didn't cut any ice with the gun-grabbers...
jdkdrd2002

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by jdkdrd2002 »

this is a horror becoming too common.this shows how evil some people can treat others.we all need to become aware of the danger and be prepared for anything.every family needs an emergency plan and to talk to each other about different plans of action to take in case of danger.im sure the liberals will blame the nra, our president or imus for this but it was a person that did this of his own free will.so i hope you ALL will join me and my family in praying for the grieving familys.GOD is the head of all things and everything is allowed for a reason ...we just wonder what it is sometimes :'(
danicrow

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by danicrow »

I couldn't agree more about all the above stated, unfortuneatley I lost a dear friend today, and a friend who never did anything to hurt another soul, people are just sick. These democrats can say what they want about gun control and blah blah blah, but like everyone has said or heard before: Guns don't kill people its people who kill people. other than that I can make no further comment at this time.
Last edited by danicrow on April 16th, 2007, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by bzinggg »

Did you hear about the guy who drove his car into a crowded park, mowing people down. The liberals have a move on to outlaw automobiles......
truth

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by truth »

It's a shame someone didn't have a P-64 in their pocket, but I'm sure that's against school rules....
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by duggi60 »

Maybe this killer was a nut ball, who was anti-gun & in his mind
shooting down a lot of innocent people & killing himself would
give the neccessary surge to help take gun ownership rights
away from the citizens of this great nation. This happened in
the UK & Austrailia.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by himmel »

It's a shame someone didn't have a P-64 in their pocket, but I'm sure that's against school rules....
Oddly, I understand that there was legislation pending that would have prevented the school from barring permit-holders from carrying on campus--but the then-chief of the campus police, among others, voiced opposition, and the legislation did not pass...
danicrow

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by danicrow »

I have always stated to everyone that there should be legislation like that, I can see where it would fit the college atmosphere and make it safer,
people must realize that there is always that off person, and anyone determined to do harm will take whatever means necassary to do so. This incident had nothing to do with guns.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by garry »

i saw the guy whom sold the gun to the little creep and he was proactively telling the reporters that this was all about the Laws and not about legal gun ownership. I hope the poor gun dealer does not ever feel guilt. he did nothing wrong.
What i want to know is :
1. Why can foreigners come here on a VISA and get weapons?
2. Would S. Korea really have cooperated with the USA background check anyways?
STOP THE FOREIGNERS... at least from getting weapons.
Geeeez This kid had all kinds of red flags flying up about his hostile actions and the police were called several times about him, yet their hands were tied by the Laws.
you cannot arrest someone just for "being weird." He was taken to a mental health hospital in 2005-
here in MO that is supposed to show up in the background check. seems logical that if you are not a citizen then, you have no business purchasing weapons in the US and it's territories. OOOOOOOOOOOOOHH MAAAAAAAAAN, If I were President......
But even that will not stop a madman, it ALL starts at home. "This incident had nothing to do with guns." just the laws. oops i weigh so much i think i hear my soapbox cracking under me.
G
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by rlj102468 »

As soon as they take all the guns away, what's next ? Stop selling gas because of the fuel bombs! Vehicals because they will run people over! If the gov. would make the carry laws a little looser, so honest people could carry more places, the bad guys might think a bit more about trying stuff. Of course this would only work on the sane bad guys.
danicrow

Virginia Tech Shooting

Post by danicrow »

I fully agree, if anything, make it so all decent people are given the righ, and ability to carry.