I need ammo!

Info, pictures, advice...
danicrow

I need ammo!

Post by danicrow »

I am having a hard time finding ammo at any of the shops local, I like to get lots of it and i was wondering if anyone had any good links online to get some.
Thanks.
Last edited by danicrow on April 16th, 2007, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

I need ammo!

Post by devlinfaust »

Danicrow,

I've had good luck with:
www:sportsmansguide.com
www:cheaperthandirt.com
www:aimsurplus.com
www:southernohiogun.com (on occasion, when they have some)
and another one to try might be www.amunitionstore.com

The prices as these places are generally pretty good and I've had few problems with delivery. I would have some reservations about the Wolf ammo. I've used it before and even with pretty good results, but others on this message board have had problems with it, and so have I, but in different calibers than 9mm mak.

I'm sure some other folks on this board will give you some other places to visit to get ammo.

Good luck.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

I need ammo!

Post by normsutton »

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
drogers

I need ammo!

Post by drogers »

I found good prices here also;
http://www.rrarms.com/index.php
danicrow

I need ammo!

Post by danicrow »

THANKS TO ALL, I JUST GOT A P-64 AND I HOPE NOT TO BE SORRY. I PLAN TO USE IT AS MY PRIMARY CCW. THANKS AGAIN, I HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM TO BE VERY INFORMATIVE.
Last edited by danicrow on April 16th, 2007, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

I need ammo!

Post by devlinfaust »

Danicrow,

I doubt seriously that you will be sorry. I have two P-64's and figure them to be probably the best bargains I've ever purchased. I have used them for CCW, as well. The information you can find on this board should be helpful to you. If not, the folks on this board are not only the most helpful, but also some of the most knowledgeable you are likely to find.

Congrats on your purchase!
danicrow

I need ammo!

Post by danicrow »

Thanks, again,
I really wish that the ammo was more readily available. I just inherited a ruger rifle chambered for .257 roberts. I really hate having weapons with ammo so scarce or expensive. But I like the p-64 and I have a Hi-point .45 acp which never have I had a problem with and it works the same way... being of a blow back design.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

I need ammo!

Post by bzinggg »

http://www.jgsales.com/

I've bought from these folks and AIM, AmmunitionStore.com and R&R, without any problem. Shipping is reasonable and fast enough. I order everything UPS ground. There is plenty of 9x18 around. The web is the best place to buy it.
Last edited by bzinggg on April 16th, 2007, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

I need ammo!

Post by carguy »

www.grafs.com

I haven't ordered from them as yet but in researching my C&R list of people to deal with, Grafs and Son has one positive, their prices include shipping. They charge a $3.95 fee per order and no other shipping charge. WOLF 9mm Mak was $8.95 a box, it's not always the best but it is available with many other brands. I just received some military stuff from SOG for the same price.

The web has lots of options.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

I need ammo!

Post by devlinfaust »

Danicrow,

Don't worry too much about the scarcity of 9x18, simply because the local gun store or locally wally world doesn't generally carry it. You can get as much as you want with a simple phone call or pushing a few buttons on the computer and you won't even have to leave your dwelling to get it! Don't be intimidated by that, if you've never done it. It's really pretty easy and totall legal. I tend to think that buying ammo at a store is going to eventually become somewhat passae anyway, because mail order can give you such better deals and is so convenient. Other than 9mm, I've purchased precious little ammo at a store in any caliber over the past few years.

While you are at it, be sure and check out the Sportsman's Guide and Cheaper than Dirt (at the very least) for your .257 Roberts. I'm betting that they will have some stock of those shells, as well.

I've heard some good things about those hi-points. I may eventually invest in the Hi-point carbine. However, as you can readily see, the P-64 is far more practical to carry, and I tend to think that the 9x18 is a reasonable caliber for the private citizen ccw.
danicrow

I need ammo!

Post by danicrow »

I absolutely love my Hi-Point .45 acp.. I still to this day don't understand why the personell at the gun shops by home bad mouth the company. I think that is is because they don't make too much of a profit off of them. My dad got it for me on my 18th birthday, the whole time saying that he was sorry that he could not afford more. After shooting it he the begged me to trade it to him for his brand new glock 19 that he had to get for the sheriffs office when he joined. sorry got on a tangent. I have a new fav. though. I absolutely love this p-64.
To think I had never heard anything about it before, and the only reason that I bought it was because I was told it was a polish makarov, which i was planning to put east german grips on to use for my re-enacting. forget it, I love this gun and hope to be able to get a couple more.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

I need ammo!

Post by anjdrifter »

the hi point has more good reviews then bad by the sport writers... hold onto that carbine that is one of the proposed bad guys on the list if we dont fight hard...
danicrow

I need ammo!

Post by danicrow »

It is just the pistol not the carbine, nonetheless, I love it. I hope these democrats and anti-gun lobbyist try to take our guns away, they will have to pry mine from my cold dead fingers.
tmann11

I need ammo!

Post by tmann11 »

I bought 1,000 rounds at www.gunbroker.com of Silver Bear, 94g, FMJ and is manufactured by Barnaul, which is supposed to be the best quality "from Russia". That comes to about $8.40 per box. You also might try sportsmans guide. I purchased 1,000 rounds from them for $127.99 + shipping which came to about the same cost per box. Anyway, for what it's worth I haven't had any problems with jams from ammunition.
danicrow

I need ammo!

Post by danicrow »

thanks tmann11