P-64 Values

Info, pictures, advice...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 Values

Post by abwehr »

This is a subject that I always think about when buying a new firearm! The P-64 is selling on the open market in the $150- 229 range today (the $229 is the highest price I have seen). Most are in the $160-175 range in the gun shops.

What do you guys think the values will be in several years? The Russian Makarovs have slowly increased in value over th years, the E. German is now selling in the $300+ range (bought mine for $139 several years ago), and the Bulgarian has begun to climb as the supply is dropping. The P-64 is rising now too. I have read that some folks bought them for $130 when they first hit the market and with them in the $160-175 range, you can see they are appreciating too. Most firearm value appreciation probably goes to "suppluy and demand", so what are your opinions for the P-64? I know we will get varying opinions, but since we don't have "crystal balls" to tell the future, I think this will be an interesting discussion.
ramptester

P-64 Values

Post by ramptester »

I also think that they will increase in price once they get more exposure. What really needs to happen is a major gun magazine review featuring the spring fixes and other mods that make the gun what we know it can be. Right now, I think it is hindered in gun shops by the trigger and the grips. Hogue or Pearce should come out with rubber and wood grips for it as well.