Your Handgun Inventory

Info, pictures, advice...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by carguy »

I see lots of signatures listing the handguns owned by the author. I see lots of pictures of multiple P64 (papabear, et al) and as I read threads, new and old, there are references to other (non-P64) handguns. I'd love to see pictures of some of the illustrious collections many of our members have / had.

Not to pick on anyone in particular but I read the Wolf Spring thread and Papabear mentioned his local gunshop and several transactions (11 purchases, 2 consignment sales, 4 internet via FFL transactions as well) I'm breathless just typing this...what did you buy!?!? I got nervous when I started getting into this again this year and sold 2 mouse guns to pick up my Bulgy!

Just a thought and I'll start.Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by carguy on March 22nd, 2007, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by anjdrifter »

Hey there is still hope for you if acknowledge you are hooked on collecting.the first step is admitting the problem(lol) .. I for one am too far gone to be saved the addition has overpowered me..
..is that a rock island it looks like mine...
it is a really great hobby or lifestyle.
I like to tell people I do it for an investment...yeah right...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by normsutton »

OK
here are some of mine

like I said just some of mine

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by carguy »

I'm waiting for my C&R FFL so I can really start to piss my wife off! I mean for buying more guns...I'm married 26 years, shes always pissed off anyways. 8~(
redfestiva

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by redfestiva »

I have 3 handguns right now.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by space »

One of two P64's - probably my favorite handgun

Hi-Point C9 - 9mm

S&W 22A - .22.lr

Stoeger Cougar 8000 - 9mm
Last edited by space on March 23rd, 2007, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by redfestiva »

Space.
A friend of mine is thinking about getting a Hi Point 9mm since they are so inexpensive. I've heard they are'nt that bad and reasonably reliable. What is your opinion of them? Around here they run about $119.00
jbailey

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by jbailey »

Sorry, but to respond with a complete list or pictures would expose my addiction more than I would want to admit. Let's just say.... 4 Makarov chamberings (all different), at least a dozen 'mouse guns', and I recently traded in 5 "safe queens" (AMT Backup 9, Accutek 9, Davis .22 Derringer, Cobra 9, Jimenez .380), about 10% of the total holdings, for a S&W .40 Compact (paid only the sales tax!) I really 'don't want to know', but at least now I can close the safe door.......
jbailey

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by jbailey »

Redfestiva - Your post snuck in while I was composing mine (we're neighbors, springfield) I bought a HiPoint 9mm years ago, for perhaps the same reasons (curiosity and too inexpensive not to satisfy it?) It's a 'what you see is what you get' situation for that price. Reliable (mine was ammo particular), top heavy as a brick with a handle, lifetime guarantee, a 'been there done that' gun, perhaps a good 'truck gun', but I don't consider it for self defense in any way, just a 'curiosity piece'.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by carguy »

Space: What type of wood is that on your P64? Who made them? They are just beautiful!1

Jbailey: I understand, an addiction is an addiction until you understand your addicted. It seems like you understand...but there is no reason to fix what ain't broke!! 8~) LOL

Thanks to all for responding, I always love to view the Gun Gallery of forums I belong to inorder to see what others have or have done to customize their children...like those grips of Space!!
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by space »

Hi-point c9 is a neat gun. Cheap and fun to shoot. I had some problems at first because I was loading the mags wrong. Since then it's been 100% reliable in about 500 rounds.

Grips on the P64 are curly maple and I got them from Chris on this board. They are great...and I got them before he raised his prices :)
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by grayfox »

The Hi-point is not cheap, just inexpensive. I have owned several, they will feed any +p+ ammo and have a lifetime warrenty. I have carried one before as a ccw & a truck gun. Holsten makes a forbus type holster for it.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by anjdrifter »

greyfox I agree it is an inexpensive weapon that has not been discovered read all the reviews or better yet try one or try and order one from the suppliers they are always on backorder.. I have owned six of them recentley ...I have an affiliation with a private security dept(as an advisor )for the private community they patrol) and have given them(everytime I replaced mine some one needed it ) up to the cause for the guys who need a weapon they can afford and depend on... anybody remember the bad rap the taurus had for years. as matter of fact at the range I use I see more jams with taurus and glock then the c-9..
Last edited by anjdrifter on March 24th, 2007, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by redfestiva »

They manufacture Hi Point firearms about 8 miles from where I live (Dayton, Ohio) but they do'nt have sales there. You have to buy from a dealer. I have never had an semi auto pistol with no hammer. I am not familiar with the trigger safety and all so I'm not sure if I'd like it or not. Glock sure has many fans so I guess they're fine. I assume that they are double action only.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Your Handgun Inventory

Post by papabear »

carguy,

Here are the the 11 I purchased this past year.

Star model BM
M36-3
M13-3
P-64
M36 Nickel
Colt Official Police
M36 no dash flat latch
Colt 1917
RIA MS
Taurus M941
5th model Safety Hammerless

Papabear