READ THIS!

Info, pictures, advice...
vermonter

READ THIS!

Post by vermonter »

Read this Email! Let's hope for the best!!!!

Well, I guess you can take credit for actually getting the ball rolling. Based on your email and plea, I was able to persuade Walt that the P64 project should take precedence over other projects. We should have both hammer springs (factory and reduced) and recoil springs (factory and extra power) available for the P64 by the end of next week or the middle of the following week at the latest.

Thanks for your email and perseverance.

Best Regards,
John Andrews
Wolff Gunsprings
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

READ THIS!

Post by beasleydano »

NOW THAT IS GOOD NEWS! Hopefully not just PR BS!
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

READ THIS!

Post by manicmechanic »

Yes this is good news, I'm still looking at getting one of these, hell it might even happen this weekend. Have a show in Taylor this weekend, ya just never now what lurks at these eh?
barnett3006

READ THIS!

Post by barnett3006 »

man this is good news. who's gonna put in the first order, i wonder....should be an interesting race.
vermonter

READ THIS!

Post by vermonter »

SORRY... I already beat everyone! I put in an order with John for 4 hi-power recoil and 4 reduced power hammer. If this actually happens on schedule I think I deserve a promotion to global moderator for my efforts ;-)
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

READ THIS!

Post by grayfox »

That will be great if it happens.....
truth

READ THIS!

Post by truth »

Oh, Boy!! I can't wait to have my clips drop prematurely...
vermonter

READ THIS!

Post by vermonter »

Truth,
I have heard of this (mag drop) with the 16# and some 18# PPK hammer springs. Do you think there is some balance short of the factory spring weight that will not cause clips to drop, have a safe S/A pull, but also improve D/A pull to some degree... and not cause the hammer to hit as hard causing possible cracks in the safety during dry fire? I need input on this from you guys so I can Email John on Monday. Someone who has replaced hammer springs must have an idea where the "sweet spot" is for hammer springs. Perhaps he can translate our findings using the different PPK weights to a workable weight in an engineered spring for the P-64.
saands

READ THIS!

Post by saands »

When I first tried the PP/PPK springs, I took a factory springout of a PP and IT was an improvement to the DA ... I think that a factory standard is 20# ... I now use 19# PP/PPK springs in all of mine and I haven't had any issues at all ... even in the pistols that DID drop the mag with the 14# and 16# springs. I'd think that 19 or 20 is where I'd recommend that they start.

After trying to have some springs made, I'm suspecting that the primary reason that the factory recoil spring is so weak was the unavailability of better materials when it was designed.

Saands
4bfox

READ THIS!

Post by 4bfox »

This is great news....but somewhat of a dilemma for me. I ordered the PPK and H&K P7 springs, was going to mod them for my P64....wonder if Wolff would take them back and ship me the right ones in the next week or so?