How do you carry?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
sandollor

How do you carry?

Post by sandollor »

Trying to figure out which is nice for the P-64, so I figured I would do a poll to see what works for other people. Thanks!
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How do you carry?

Post by dolang1 »

Saturday, at a gunshow in Oklahoma City, I bought an in the pant holster, black cordura with a metal clip. I ask the vender if it would fit a walther PPk, rather than enlighten him. I took the metal clip off and replaced it with kydex that lets it hang about an inch lower in my waistband just right of my belt buckle. Wore it for four hours with a sweatshirt covering it up. Seems to work just fine.
xelloss

How do you carry?

Post by xelloss »

For all day CC, I found IWB to be a bit too uncomfortable... I've since moved to mainly OWB with belt slide holsters, and I've been able to carry all day with little to no pain, and have yet to be 'made' while carrying... For any type of belt carry, though, one needs to make sure they have a GOOD belt, even with a firearm as small as the P-64...

-Mark
cz83

How do you carry?

Post by cz83 »

It all depends on the weather. If I can wear a jacket I carry outside the pants holster. During the summer in the pants holster and most of the time fanny pack/backpack. During the lazy days I just put it on the front pants pocket with holster of course (little beretta).
mongo

How do you carry?

Post by mongo »

I got a tuckable Maverick nylon from Dillion press.

Good stuff for the price.

http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.c ... in=1&dyn=1&

sandollor

How do you carry?

Post by sandollor »

Hey Mongo, what size of Maverick nylon holster did you get for your P-64.
ight get one for my brother's P-64. Thanks in advance.
mongo

How do you carry?

Post by mongo »

This is a medium size.. too small for my HK compact .45

P-64 is a bit loose

Sits nice overall. You can tuck the butt along your beltline of a pair of dockers or jeans tuck your shirt in over it and your P-64 disappears.

abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

How do you carry?

Post by abwehr »

I must be the "odd man" with the P-64. In the winter, it is definetly in my coat pocket. Summer will be a little different and I am not sure yet which way I will carry, but most likely in my pants pocket.
fjblackesq

How do you carry?

Post by fjblackesq »

I just got a "Pager Pal" It is great, I rigged it w/ my cell phone instead of the fake pager they supplied. smooth as silk and ultimate concealment. check out web site, they have video to show how it works... or call them @ (800)-561-1603
mongo

How do you carry?

Post by mongo »

I believe in what works for you however the pager pal just feels wierd to me.
mikethewreck

How do you carry?

Post by mikethewreck »

Mongo, thanks for the recommendation! Just got the Dillon Maverick holster and it works great. Very smooth draw, comfy.

I wouldn't recommend most Uncle Mike PPK-sized holsters. the ankle rig is uncomfortable, the fanny pack unwieldy, and the "floppy" holster is, well, floppy.

So far I like the Maverick, a de Santis ankle rig, Smart Carry, and my old worn leather fanny pack.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

How do you carry?

Post by himmel »

Anybody use the so-called "Mexican carry"? I wear a jacket, but take it off at work, so no belt slide or such will do. I am kind of small anyway, so outside the waistband usually won't work. I don't care for the paddles i have tried. So far I have had no trouble just putting my pistol inside my waistband on the left hip, butt forward, or carrying it in capacious pants pockets-when I get to work, it goes in the desk drawer...
raypol

How do you carry?

Post by raypol »

Anybody use the so-called "Mexican carry"? I wear a jacket, but take it off at work, so no belt slide or such will do. I am kind of small anyway, so outside the waistband usually won't work. I don't care for the paddles i have tried. So far I have had no trouble just putting my pistol inside my waistband on the left hip, butt forward, or carrying it in capacious pants pockets-when I get to work, it goes in the desk drawer...
Get a Pager Pal. Deep concealment, comfortable.
The only holster that you can carry everyday everywhere. Easy on, easy off, no undressing, no special clothes, no risk of exposure or printing.
www.pagerpal.com

jpb
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

How do you carry?

Post by himmel »

Now THAT looks interesting! :) Thanks...
warthog

How do you carry?

Post by warthog »

I wear Blackie Collins "Toters" jeans. They have a pocket/holster built into them where the watch pocket usually is and it works great.
I like the Toters a lot. When I am not wearing the Toters, I use a OWB leather holster I got for my PP. Fits great.