Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Info, pictures, advice...
redfestiva

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by redfestiva »

I am going to Aimsurplus in the morning (1/11/07) to get 9x18 ammo. I have only used Silver Bear so far and will get some more of that but they also have Sellier & Bellot suplus ammo and I was wondering what you guys think of these, any problems?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Sell ... n_FMJ.html
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by nbender »

It's good ammo. Samco Global has been selling it for years and I've shot a bit of it with no problems. The velocity is a bit low - over my chrony 10 rounds averaged 916 fps as compared to the new (Barnaul) Silver Bear which does about 960 fps.
redfestiva

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by redfestiva »

I'll pick some up along with the Silver Bear. I will try some Silver Bear hollow point too. Most people on the forum say that the hp's cause no malfunction. I'm using my P-64 on Sunday (1/14/07) for my CCW class. I was debating on using it. I was originally going to use my 38 revolver but practising at the range I did as well with the P-64 as I did with the revolver. Besides, the P-64 is new and I'm anxious to use it.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by garry »

I like the S&B best so far and i also like the Hornady . the CCI is aweful as far as accuracy. I bought my P-64 about 3 mos. ago , and it is absolutely , and wonderfully Accurate ! I had never seen this pistol before, then after I got it home, I looked up this website and read all I could ,then went shooting ! I chased a pop can around with it, then went to the local indoor range and put it on paper . I tried several different ammo's since then and have a good "early example of how these 4 different brands worked with my gun. i will learn how to post them asap. the types were: Hornady 95 gr JHp/XTP , S&B 95 gr FMJ, CCI Blazer 90 gr GDHP, American Eagle Federal 95 gr FMJ. Indoor range, on Benchrest, target at 20 YDS.

My best groups were with S&B and American Eagles and then Hornady. Again-- CCI sucked in MY gun. 3 out of 6 were flyers and weren't even in the outer circle -WOW !! The 2 that WERE in the circles were about 5 inches apart!! Made on Friday ?? Thanks fer listnin' , G
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by anjdrifter »

think you willbe happy with the choice .when I qualify I use it all the time. just be aware of the da causing a second shot to go before you are ready this is a problem I have . not the weapon it took me awhile to solve my finger pressure being effected from the sharp recoils.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by garry »

A Note about the CCI ammo -- I should mention that the CCI -25 auto ammo shoots GREAT in my wife's gun and is most accurate of ALL the ammo i have tried in her gun. in their defense. G
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by garry »

Hey ANJDRIFTER ! i have a box of Silver bear 9x18 that i haven't tried yet and was curious if you had tried any others and which do you find to be most accurate?
p64

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by p64 »

S&B is a major player in the ammo market and makes ammo under other names for other companies including some of the big names in ammo.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by devlinfaust »

I've been happy with S&B. I had heard that Wolf had given some folks trouble in 9x18 and I had some Wolf .40 that was absolutely terrible. I have two 1968 P-64's and they like the Silver Bear very well, which is great, because it is so cheap. I've had occasional jams with the Hornady hollowpoints, although that ammo has been very accurate in my guns. I note that other members in this forum have not had the jams with he Hornady, so it may be just related to my two guns.

Basically, I think these things do pretty well with most ammo, being the high quality pistols that they are. But I have never been disappointed by S&B in 9x18 or in any caliber, for that matter.

Redfestiva, hope your qualifiying went well.
redfestiva

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by redfestiva »

The qualifying at the CCW class did go well but unfortunately it was not what I'd call enjoyable as it was pouring down rain. The class was rain or shine and I was soaked and my P64 was too when it was over. Bottom line is that both my wife & I passed the training. The handguns got a thorough cleaning and lubing upon returning home.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by devlinfaust »

Redfestiva--glad you went a head with it. I don't know why, but so many people I knkow seem to procastinate when it comes to qualifying for a CCW, despite how very important it could be. Sorry you got soaked but I think it's great that both you and your spouse got qualified. Good for both of you!
redfestiva

Sellier & Bellot 9x18

Post by redfestiva »

My wife and I applied for the CCW this morning and were told our permits would be available by thursday. A large gun show is in my area this weekend so I plan to go there and purchase a few holsters for conceal carry. I will need one for the P-64 and one for a 38 revolver.