Wood grips durable???

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
saands

Wood grips durable???

Post by saands »

By now there are a lot of folks that must have some of the wood grips ... how are they holding up under use? There are some areas of the plastic grips that are so thin I thought that I should check to see if that has made the wooden versions super-fragile. I love the look of wood, but I still want a shooter!

TIA,

Saands
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by rlj102468 »

Saands, I should be getting my grips from Dennis this week or early next week. I plan on getting it out to the range asap to check them out under fire. Will post as soon as I know something. I sure that somebody has tested out their grips from Himmel.

C-Ya, Bobby J.
saands

Wood grips durable???

Post by saands »

It sounded like you were going to be the test case for Dennis' grips ... thanks for doing that! What wood did you get?

Saands
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by rlj102468 »

Saands, I got the smooth Zebrano wood grips. The set I have for my Bulgie Mak fit like a glove, but I have not had a chance to fire it yet. I inquired about P-64 wood grips and Dennis said he would try, so I sent him my originals to work off of. I love my Zee grips, so I think I might have to get a new P-64 so I can use both sets of grips. I will let you know how they do asap.

C-Ya, Bobby J.
saands

Wood grips durable???

Post by saands »

I got two sets of grips from dmarchal ... they arrived pretty quickly (especially considering that they came from practically the other side of the world!). All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I got a set in Wattle and a set in Walnut, both unfinished as I wanted to finish them with BLO to match some other wood I have. I just put the BLO on them today and I'm just tickled with the results. I have yet to install them, or shoot them, so that will be the next step, but I had to post the results so far. DMARCHAL must have access to some REALLY nice CNC machine tools because these look to have every last detail cut into them ... even the checkering is nice and both sets were IDENTICAL, so if my sets fit, I'm guessing that it would bode well for anyone else that buys them.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ... Just about sums it up.

Happy New Year to all ...

Saands
saands

Wood grips durable???

Post by saands »

Pics to follow when the BLO dries and they get installed ...
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by nbender »

I'm waiting on some red Wattle grips for a real nice EG Makarov I have.

"Red Wattle"? I logged and worked in saw mills for 10 years and I thought I knew something about wood. But I never heard of Wattle.
truth

Wood grips durable???

Post by truth »

A Google search will tell you all you ever wanted to know about Wattle Wood. I had to look it up, I have been carving for years and haven't heard of it.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Wood grips durable???

Post by papabear »

Here are my two sets of Red Wattle grips. Checkered Red Wattle on my P-64 and Smooth Red Wattle on my Bulgie Makarov. Fit and feel are great and holding up just fine.

http://dnmars.43i.net for Dennis web site

Papabear

Last edited by papabear on January 1st, 2007, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by rlj102468 »

Here are my grips from Dennis. Dark steamed wattle on the Mak and Zebrano on the P-64 ;D. They feel great but I have not had a chance to fire them yet :'(. Sory pics are a bit blurry. I think my camera had too much to drink! :P
Last edited by rlj102468 on December 31st, 2006, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

Wood grips durable???

Post by barnett3006 »

Man those are some pretty grips!!! :o
ozarker

Wood grips durable???

Post by ozarker »

Now those grips on papabears 64 are pretty. Those I like..
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Wood grips durable???

Post by abwehr »

Wow, those are really nice looking wood grips with the checkering! As most of you know, I like the original military look, but the checkered grips are great!
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by anjdrifter »

see my post in replacement grips available I believe page 2 .
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Wood grips durable???

Post by nbender »

Those look great! I ordered the checkering, with the "Red Star". My pics should make the forum this week. I hope.