Info, pictures, advice...
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

Hi, I just recently joined the forum. I've been reading all I can about the P-64 and I found one in a gun shop. I bought it this morning and took it to the range. I am very pleased with the pistol in all aspects. I had some apprehension about the recoil but I found that it's reputation was worse than it's reality. The gun shop had already done the spring swap so the DA is pretty sweet. It is in great condition. I got the manual with it but only one matching clip. I may already have a line on a couple magazines for $20 each. I know that's on the high side but looks like they are drying up a bit.
The shop owner said he originally had 3 but had sold one. I put a deposit on mine on thursday and the last one sold friday.I sure am glad I did'nt wait to get it. It is a 1968 with matching numbers.

normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

redfestiva

WELLCOME
you can get mags cheeper than that 20 bucks at
http://www.forwardsupply.com/index.php? ... 8afd36c547

nice looking P_64
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

The add for the P-64 magazines says "no sales to the general public", that's me so how do I buy from them?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

WHERE DOSE IT SAY THAT

Magazines
Product 4/5

larger image Polish P-64 6rd Magazine
$9.95
BRAND NEW P-64 MAGAZINES!

We have finally received our shipment of brand new Polish P-64 magazines. The weak link for the P-64 pistol is the magazine. The magazines were not designed to be in service for decades, and the magazines being sold with the pistols are all used and dated.

These magazines were manufactured by a company who makes parts for firearms made by Springfield Armory and various armed forces around the world. These are NOT some cheap commercial knock off, these magazines will last a lifetime!

Condition: NEW
Caliber: 9x18mak
Finish: Deep Blue/Black

Add to Cart:

Model: SOG-0001
Shipping Weight: 0.25lbs
1774 Units in Stock
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I tried to set up an accont and they required a "company name" so I clicked on "conditions of use" and found this:

Sales Policy

Sales are only made to retailers, with absolutely no sales to the general public.
Customers are responsible for obeying all laws in their states, counties, or cities.
Absolutely no sales to anyone under the age of 18, regardless of retailer status.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

redfestiva
Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you have already found out that there are a bunch of great guys on this forum and an active moderator to help keep us mindful of the forum's purpose. The last mags I bought were from SOG for less than $10 each. Guys, does SOG still have these?
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

Welcome to the forum, learn & enjoy.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

redfestiva

SORRY about that there is another mag source as
beasleydano said SOG
http://www.southernohiogun.com/

I don't know maybe others out there the last mags I bought came with a Original polish Black P64 holster and cleaning rod

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... efitem=270 0
and I bought two of them now I don't need any more now I look for good deals for you guys
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

redfestiva,

And another BIG welcome to the Forum. I think you will like this group of guys! We have some very knowlegeable folks here that can certainly help if you have any problems. The P-64 is one of the best small pistols I have found. Yea, it has few "quirks" that need to be worked out like the spring, buy at least your dealer has that done for you.

Read the thread on ammo, the 93-95 grain bullet ammo is the best for this pistol and your hand, LOL
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I am going to stick to the 93-95 grain rounds. They seem to me like they have plenty of punch and I don't want to shorten the life of the pistol. Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of time reading this forum.
I've read that some of the "brand new magazines" have had feeding problems. Has it been determined for sure if its an ammo problem or indeed the new manufactured magazines? A few of the guys on here said they preferred the factory originals for reliability. Is that the general opinion?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

redfestiva

I think where still out on that because of size of bullets
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I like the holsters with the magazine holder but I have a question. Are the holsters for the P-64 and the one for the Makarov the same. In photos they look the same .Do I need one specifically for the P-64?
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

redfestiva,

The Polish Holster is slightly smaller that the Makarov holster, but they will work. The P-64 will be a little looser than the correct holster. Matter of fact, my first P-64 was carried in an E. German Makarov holster until I got Polish Holsters. I am not sure who has original holsters, but check on e-bay, auction arms, or gunbroker; sometime they are there at decent prices. There is a fellow from Poland that has them on e-bay periodically and he is trustworthy to ship to you.
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

Re
Last edited by vermonter on December 31st, 2006, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

welcome this is a great site. last I heard SOG has some(magazines),. I use them almost exclusively for my addictions and have always been well pleased,but there are a lot of places out there in cyberland and that is part of the fun of this whole thing isnt it. al
Last edited by anjdrifter on December 31st, 2006, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.