FEG R61

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
bigduke6

FEG R61

Post by bigduke6 »

Is this THE smallest handgun chamberd in 9x18 or is the P64 smaller ? Thanks guys. Oh and buy the way the 9x18 barrel came in and looks great. Plan to barrel swap next weekend. I almost have some reserve. This thing shoots fantastic . But sometimes you want what you want and I really want this thing back in its original caliber.
GuitarmanNick

Re: FEG R61

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Don't own one but I think the p-64 is slightly larger and definitely heavier. You should expect a little more recoil after the barrel swap. Interested to hear your results when finished.
Might pick up a R-61 if I come across one that is C&R eligible.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I have an SMC-918 and it is smaller.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread ... comparison
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
bigduke6

Post by bigduke6 »

Ok. Jumped on the barrel swap last night. After it was done, would have to say it was easier than I thought. Remove ejector ,Remove hammer, tap out barrel pin, tap out barrel with rubber mallet, ( this was easy it tapped right out with no trouble) tap in new barrel, again it went right in and will go only one way. The only thing aggravating was the collar that goes around the barrel pin base.I think it’s called a frame washer? Anyway every thing went well EXCEPT I lost the ejector spring, went flying off to parts unknown. One is on the way from Numrich.
Last edited by bigduke6 on February 9th, 2020, 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigduke6

Post by bigduke6 »

Ok. Jumped on the barrel swap last night. After it was done, would have to say it was easier than I thought. Remove ejector ,Remove hammer, tap out barrel pin, tap out barrel with rubber mallet, ( this was easy it taped right out with no trouble) tap in new barrel, again it went right in. The only thing aggravating was the collar that goes around the barrel pin base.I think it’s called a frame washer? Anyway every thing went well EXCEPT I lost the ejector spring, went flying off to parts unknown. One is on the way from Numrich.
bigduke6

Post by bigduke6 »

Sorry about the double post.