First time with my P64 dated 73

Info, pictures, advice...
rjsixgun

Post by rjsixgun »

Try Triple K band holsters, I found that there prices are very low, and the leather is very good. Im not home right now but when I get home I'll post a link for them. Most all of my holsters are belt slide types, that I wear on the small of my back and I'm able to hide full size firearms like the 1911 and CZ-75. Also trry cheaper than dirt they have a nice holster selector feature. But nobody seems to list the Radom P-64.........Good thing the pocket was invented!!! LOL!
najaf

Post by najaf »

i use the don hume 715 clip on . its ok but i should have gotten the Pro IWB clip on by bianchi. It seem to cancel pretty good by the way it looks in the net.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

I have a Russian Mak in .380 and two 1968 P-64's. I like the Russian Mak and it has NEVER failed to feed. But it is not as accurate as either of my P-64's, the fit and finish is not as good as the P-64, and it is not as concealable as the P-64. Don't get me wrong, like Himmel, I agree both weapons have their place, and both are historical and well made. The Russian Mak is virtually a legend. I will say that the Mak is a more pleasurable to shoot, in terms of felt recoil. However, in looking at the general purpose of these guns, which is essentially concealability--not general service (as the Mak was originally been designed for).

So, my Mak is sitting in the box where it has been for months, but the P-64's get shot and one is getting carried. By the way, I have the 'clip' that fixes to the slide, which was offered by a company who was once a sponsor here. It allows for good cocealment in the small of the back, at least for me.

Najaf, congrats on your purchase. And, Abwher, hope you enjoy your 'present'. I wish stuff like that was under the tree for me!

Merry Christmas to all!
najaf

Post by najaf »

From what I read from other post the P64 is reviled for being too heavy on the DA pull, that it kicks hard, etc. ALl are true but for us who knows handgunning and the techniques in shooting it is pure joy esp we know it shoots to point of aim. Notwithstanding the price is a plus too. Hum its tempting to get another one while the prices are still low. I probably be interested in one post 72 and has the thumbrest grip. I held one before and it thus feel better than the one i have with out it.
Last edited by najaf on December 25th, 2006, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Najaf,

You were lucky to get the ORIGINAL flat grips. The left thumbrest was hastily added to later imports for import points. If you look closely, you'll see that checkering, etc, doesn't match the right one, and the grips don't always line up properly.
In addition, many of the add-ons have cracked, and many say they cause bite problems and more felt recoil.
You might want to review more of the old threads on this board, to include Replacing the Mainspring to improve the DA pull.

Stan
Last edited by b52stan on December 25th, 2006, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
najaf

Post by najaf »

thanks for the advise.
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Najaf, unless the thread states OT(off topic), we try to stick to P-64 stuff. You seem to be working multiple gun questions, all at the same time, in this particular thread you started. Please stick to the P-64 here, and we will do all we can to help.

Stan