P83 decocker issue

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Ehhhnon

P83 decocker issue

Post by Ehhhnon »

This has been discussed to death on this forum but I just want to know the exact part/s I need to changed in order to get it work properly. In case you are wondering I have the issue with the decoker not being able to move the safety when the gun is cocked.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: P83 decocker issue

Post by Weasel640 »

The P-83 does not have a Decocker. So I don't think anyone is going to understand your problem: "the decoker not being able to move the safety". The Safety blocks the Firing Pin, as it engages the Disconnector, that disengages the Sear, allowing the Hammer to fall safely. There is NO separate Decocker. No one is going to be able to help you, unless you post detailed pictures with an explanation of what you are trying to do, and what is happening, or post a detailed video.

Now just to clarify; There are only three manual controls on the P-83: 1] Safety (on slide), 2] Trigger (on frame), 3] Slide Lock/Release (on frame). So what components exactly are you having an issue with and how are you trying to use them?
p83.png
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Ehhhnon

Post by Ehhhnon »

viewtopic.php?t=6855
viewtopic.php?t=6547

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51qGP1qPc7Q&t=83s go to 7:19

When the hammer is cocked I should be able to flick the safety and the hammer will go down and not fire which is why everyone calls it a decoker when I have my hammer down I am nit able to move the safety at all so I have to pull the hammer down a little bit to be able to safely drop the hammer.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Well unless you are willing to spend the time figuring it out, I highly suggest you take it to a Gunsmith.

As you see in the other threads it could be anything from a bad Frame, Safety, Disconnector, Sear, Trigger Bar, Hammer, etc., etc. Or something could just be mis-aligned and/or binding. So unless you want to replace every part that it could be, I'd suggest going through and diagnosing each part. Firearms don't always have the same fixes for the same issues. It would be unsafe to assume that you could fix it just by simply dropping in a single part.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.