New P-64 owner from Classic

Info, pictures, advice...
Granpooba

Re: New P-64 owner from Classic

Post by Granpooba »

zack wrote: December 8th, 2018, 11:45 pm I have bought several guns from classic, all sight unseen online, all were old, used, military surplus firearms, i was very pleased with all, were they all like new? no of course not, i have a hard time with people ordering a 50 year old used military firearm and then talking down the seller when its not like new? this is used surplus stuff, there are plenty of hi points or Taurus pistols on classic web site that are new with warranty for folks that want that, if you like surplus guns like me classic is a great resource
I could mention another body part, but I will be polite and not do so.

BUT :!: Opinions are like belly buttons :!: Everybody has one :!: :lol:
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

zack wrote: December 8th, 2018, 11:45 pm I have bought several guns from classic, all sight unseen online, all were old, used, military surplus firearms, i was very pleased with all, were they all like new? no of course not, i have a hard time with people ordering a 50 year old used military firearm and then talking down the seller when its not like new? this is used surplus stuff, there are plenty of hi points or Taurus pistols on classic web site that are new with warranty for folks that want that, if you like surplus guns like me classic is a great resource

The problem is when Classic touts them as excellent condition and you get a turd. Keep in mind that hand select is the best of 5 in the next picking order so if you got 5 turds up next you get the best turd for $20.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

+1 on what Curly said. They are not gonna pick through the whole crate to find the best one, just the next 5.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Ketchman wrote: December 16th, 2018, 1:28 pm +1 on what Curly said. They are not gonna pick through the whole crate to find the best one, just the next 5.
Picky, picky, picky. :roll: As far as I am concerned, they can pick through the next 100. I will not be purchasing from CLASSIC again :!:
Sirrus_Rider

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Granpooba wrote: December 16th, 2018, 2:33 pm
Ketchman wrote: December 16th, 2018, 1:28 pm +1 on what Curly said. They are not gonna pick through the whole crate to find the best one, just the next 5.
Picky, picky, picky. :roll: As far as I am concerned, they can pick through the next 100. I will not be purchasing from CLASSIC again :!:
Granpooba,

Without proof it's easy throw stones.. If I ordered something and I got a turd I'd get a hold of Classic and give them an opportunity to make good. If they didn't I'd then post pics of what they sent me and warn others of what they are passing off and show proof so it wasn't libel. I can understand moving forward after a bad experience , but to slam a company without showing proof that's just not cool. These are used guns for the extra $20 you asking for them to pic one that is a bit better than it's peers, but you have to accept that the old girl that's coming may still be rather tired looking and not minty. If your wanting a brand new gun then buy a brand new gun. If you understand it's surplus then you have to be prepared that what you may get may have been dragged around behind a BMP and then put through the arsenal and somewhat repaired of blemishes.
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Sirrus_Rider wrote: January 8th, 2019, 1:54 pm
Granpooba,

Without proof it's easy throw stones.. If I ordered something and I got a turd I'd get a hold of Classic and give them an opportunity to make good. If they didn't I'd then post pics of what they sent me and warn others of what they are passing off and show proof so it wasn't libel. I can understand moving forward after a bad experience , but to slam a company without showing proof that's just not cool. These are used guns for the extra $20 you asking for them to pic one that is a bit better than it's peers, but you have to accept that the old girl that's coming may still be rather tired looking and not minty. If your wanting a brand new gun then buy a brand new gun. If you understand it's surplus then you have to be prepared that what you may get may have been dragged around behind a BMP and then put through the arsenal and somewhat repaired of blemishes.
Nobody needs to tell me to buy a new gun, if I so choose, and I have plenty of them. But when I communicate with a company up front, even before the sale and explain exactly what I want and they state that they will fulfill my request, then I expect them to do so. Which CLASSIC has not done twice now. Remember the old saying ...... Fool me once shame on me ....... Fool me twice shame on you ! Well shame on CLASSIC and one hell of a lot of people have the same thoughts and feelings about CLASSIC as I do !

One hell of a lot of NEGATIVE reviews out their for CLASSIC, not to be ignored ! :evil:

P.S. And finally, I feel that their is no need to post any pictures for you to see what crap looks like !
Sirrus_Rider

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Granpooba wrote: January 24th, 2019, 1:59 am

Granpooba,

Nobody needs to tell me to buy a new gun, if I so choose, and I have plenty of them. But when I communicate with a company up front, even before the sale and explain exactly what I want and they state that they will fulfill my request, then I expect them to do so. Which CLASSIC has not done twice now. Remember the old saying ...... Fool me once shame on me ....... Fool me twice shame on you ! Well shame on CLASSIC and one hell of a lot of people have the same thoughts and feelings about CLASSIC as I do !

One hell of a lot of NEGATIVE reviews out their for CLASSIC, not to be ignored ! :evil:

P.S. And finally, I feel that their is no need to post any pictures for you to see what crap looks like !
All I'm saying is Prove it.. As for telling you to buy a new gun it's a free country do what you want to do I'm not telling you to do anything . To my point a view, You crapping on Classic without showing proof just makes me wonder what you're not telling about the transaction.. There are two sides to every story and the truth usually resides in the middle. If the two guns then sent you were really that crappy why not show definitive proof to the community and prospective buyers? If the same situation happened to me you bet I'd let others know and in a way that they can see for themselves and make up their own mind.
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Sirrus_Rider wrote: January 24th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Granpooba,

All I'm saying is Prove it.. As for telling you to buy a new gun it's a free country do what you want to do I'm not telling you to do anything . To my point a view, You crapping on Classic without showing proof just makes me wonder what you're not telling about the transaction.. There are two sides to every story and the truth usually resides in the middle. If the two guns then sent you were really that crappy why not show definitive proof to the community and prospective buyers? If the same situation happened to me you bet I'd let others know and in a way that they can see for themselves and make up their own mind.
If everybody did what you wanted, you most likely would be swamped with pictures of poor quality firearms from CLASSIC. And I really fail to see why I should have to prove anything to " YOU " :!: Simple, simple :!:

I have two P-64's from CLASSIC that the condition /quality did not meet my requests, after numerous pre-purchase telephone conversations and emails. I have one P-64 from DK FIREARMS that is outstanding and was probably never fired as it appears to have come right from the factory. And that is where this story ENDS :!:
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Sirrus_Rider wrote: January 24th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Granpooba,

NOT THE END :!:

The following is a previous posting in regards to my dealings with CLASSIC.

Re: Latest Acquisition from Classic
Edit
Report this post
Quote

Post by Granpooba » December 2nd, 2018, 8:20 am

Just this past week, emails passed between Classic and myself. Also, even some phone calls, with Classic's representative.

I explained the condition/quality P64 that I was seeking and if they did not have one that measured up, then to cancel my order, thus saving troubles later. I was told that I will be EXTRMELY pleased with the one that they have selected and are shipping to me. It should be arriving the middle of this coming week.

This P64 will be my third one, thus I can only assume that " I AM A COLLECTOR " ! :hi:

I to have a Mosin Nagant, stamped with the year of my birth, which is 1943. Thus, I can only assume that I am once again a collector in that department also. :lol:

P.S. The one CLASSIC selected did not measure up to what I requested. Thus, if anybody else wants to deal with them, that is their choice. My choice is that I will not be doing anymore business with CLASSIC. And I do not have to prove why, to anybody. NOW IT IS THE END OF STORY :!:
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Maybe this post should be locked.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Yes, moderator please lock this thread.
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Ketchman wrote: January 24th, 2019, 7:17 pm Yes, moderator please lock this thread.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...............

What ever happened to " Freedom of Speech " :?:

Hmmmmmmmmmm ..................
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Freedom of Speech is still free, but the price of listening has gotten to be more than we care to pay on this subject. If you wish to continue with this idea for conversation your free to start a new thread that those that wish to listen or participate in can follow. Having said, most likely too much already, in the vein OF Free Speech, I will yet again request, Moderator please lock down this thread. Thank you.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

i have lock this thread , any more bad mouthing of Ben or Classic arm 's , take it some ware else, , i been doing business with them since 2005 , never had a bad deal ,
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage