Blueing

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Sirrus_Rider

Blueing

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Any ideas what method the Poles used to blue the P-64? My '75 has a large bright spot on the left hand muzzle end of the slide and I'm tempted to have the slide re-blued or even try doing it myself..
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Blueing

Post by Ketchman »

Is it kinda purple ish?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Sirrus_Rider

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Ketchman wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 9:20 pm Is it kinda purple ish?

Seems to have some purple tones to it.,. The '75 seems to be a bit bluer whereas the '68 is a bit greyer (68 is last photo)

The '68 favors grey blue.
20190124_000240.jpg
Attachments
Polish PPK.jpg
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Ok, I misunderstood, what you have is holster wear, I was thinking different colors in the blueing.
Sirrus_Rider

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Ketchman wrote: January 24th, 2019, 2:34 am Ok, I misunderstood, what you have is holster wear, I was thinking different colors in the blueing.
Yeah I'm considering fixing some of the holster wear. the wear on the '75 is a bit worse than the '68
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

If your looking to bring the finish back to original, pay someone who knows how to do a good job to do it as the original finish on these was quite good. Personally, I would leave as is, they don't look abused at all, more like veterans with service rockers to the elbows and a locker full of stories that can still do the job if called upon. I would be proud to own either one of those.
Davidrol

Post by Davidrol »

Nu-Blu is the best, imo: https://stockdocusa.com/shop?olsPage=pr ... u-blu-8-oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sirrus_Rider

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Ketchman wrote: January 25th, 2019, 1:31 am If your looking to bring the finish back to original, pay someone who knows how to do a good job to do it as the original finish on these was quite good. Personally, I would leave as is, they don't look abused at all, more like veterans with service rockers to the elbows and a locker full of stories that can still do the job if called upon. I would be proud to own either one of those.
I'm only mulling it over.., I doubt I'll go through with it.. I cam across prices in passing and it more that the guns are worth.. S
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

If you do go for it let us know how it goes, what you use and pics of how it turns out cause we all would be interested.