Grip help needed

Info, pictures, advice...
ParaKeith

Grip help needed

Post by ParaKeith »

Introducing my self, I’ve owned the gun for 2 years, it’s my first CC piece and I qualified with it. Love the gun just hate the reload. I purchased the Vb0.5 grip a year ago with the EMR and it’s been sticky. I absolutely love the grip but I can’t push the EMR back easily. Even the stock mag release is tough. Any tips to look for? I’ve watched the videos and pushed in the pieces. One corner refuses to go down fully and it appears to haves small bumps on the inside. Any help is appreciated.
kdmag88

Re: Grip help needed

Post by kdmag88 »

Is the release hanging up on the grip itself? I massaged a little rubber out of that area on mine just to expose more of the release, but I just wanted mine more exposed. I'm sure the same could be done inside too if you know for sure it's binding. Just go slow, I believe I used a polishing pad with polish instead of a stone just to keep removal minimal and not melt the rubber.

Also, you could contact Russ directly, russ@polishirongrips.com.

Also Keith
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Keith.

+1 on contacting Russ.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
ParaKeith

Post by ParaKeith »

Thanks for the help, I did what kdmag suggested and used polish with my Dremel on a low setting. It works great and I smoothed it out some. I was just afraid to melt it at first. Again, thanks for the help! :)